Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Door unlocking on handle

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Hoddsy 
#1 ·
With Kessy, unlocking the doors has always been straight forward. The last few times however, whether it will unlock is becoming more random (both front doors) and sometimes refuses totally, so pressing the fob button is needed. Clearly a fuse hasn't blown, but has anyone else had this...I'm wondering if something is about to fail? It's the 2.0 diesel Xcellence, in case that makes any difference.

#3 ·
The fob unlock/lock was fine, it was only using the handles themselves. Interestingly low battery warning came up on the car not long after, so I placed it on charge. That took 2 hrs and now the handle operation is flawless. I wonder if the sensors in the handles are disabled when car battery power gets low.... seems an odd thing to disable though! Will keep an eye on it.

#4 ·
Just be-warned about the battery i think they have faults mine has someone else i know with an Ateca has had theres replaced and i know a lot of the early tiguans did as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.