Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

tyres lasted 10,200 miles.

6K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  1Monty 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have had to replace 4 tyres on my Seat Ateca 2.0Tdi 4Drive X-cellence with only 10,200 miles on the clock, the outside edge of the tyres were just legal and no more, has anybody else come across this yet, a tad expensive if having to replace the tyres every 10k miles. Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Ours is at 7500 and tyres are like new still - looks to me from the photos that either your pressures have been way out or, more likely, that you have an alignment problem - if it were me I'd have a full geo/alignment check or the next set could just go the same way....

#3 ·
I agree with jimH. It looks very much like an alignment problem. I have a 2.0 TDi 4Drive Xcellence with almost 13,000 miles on the clock. My tyres are at 3mm all round. The four tyres have worn perfectly evenly. My driving is on fast A roads and motorways.

#4 ·
Wow ! Our 2.0 TDi 4 Drive is still on original tyres, 22,000 (yep!) miles in on Bridgestones and the front tyres are only now down to about 2mm; car was registered October 2016. Now time to replace them.
Definitely looks like an alignment issue. Had it happen on an Astra a few years back which ripped through a set of Conti Sport Contacts in 11,000 miles.

#5 ·
fujixpro. -. you say you replaced all 4 tyres. Did they all have identical wear on the outside or just the fronts?

#9 ·
No need for full alignment check as you say you swapped tyres from front to rear which in time has of course then worn those front tyres the same as the swapped rears. Just get the front tracking checked and adjusted which I expect you already have when the tyres were replaced.

An expensive lesson learnt. Always keep an eye on tyre pressures and the first sign of uneven wear get it checked out. With the state of our roads in this country that might be quite regular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.