Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Brakes momentarily hardening

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
That happened twice this week. It's shortly after I start the car after it had been in the garage for the night. The brakes are OK then all of a sudden the pedal would harden and that took me by surprise since I almost bumped into another car. I had to jump on the pedal which feels like it's not lubricated, rusty and stuck, then it would "crush" through the "rust", that's how it feels and return to normal. Can't remember the exact details about the first time but the second time it happened while I was on a heavy incline, the ramp of our underground parking lot. I'm wondering if that might have something to do.

Anyone experienced something like that?

G
#2 ·
Are you sure it's not part of the ACC?

My Touareg has ACC and when it detects a vehicle slowing down in front that it anticipates you may collide with it 'primes' the brakes. It does this just before the beep and the red warning...

The brake pedal becomes really hard and the slightest touch puts the anchors on really hard. It always takes me by surprise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.