Double Boot Floor that is only an adjustable single floor

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
malcolmv24

Double Boot Floor that is only an adjustable single floor

Post by malcolmv24 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:50 pm

We ordered a Double Boot Floor on our SEAT Ateca SE Tech. However when it arrived it was a single boot floor that could be installed in two different positions and certainly wasn't what we needed or thought we had ordered. After a bit of investigation Part 575 863 463 F CA9 was ordered and after cutting out the two corners (using a multi tool cutter) to fit around the adjustable boot floor side supports I was able to fit this above the space saver spare and then put the adjustable floor onto the top position. Before cutting the wood panel I peeled back both sides of the carpet, cut the wood, checked it fit and then cut the carpet leaving extra carpet so it looked like a snug fit. Then using spray carpet adhesive the carpet was stuck back to the wood.

Now I can get an emergency inflator along with a few tools, bulb kit

IMG_0501.JPG

The "Double Boot" side supports
and a fluorescent jacket into the centre of the spare wheel. On top of that I have a carpeted compartment for all the small things that slide around in my boot and a totally empty top area.

Attached are a few images which may help anyone who has bought the Double Floor only to find it is a single floor that's adjustable and want to make the storage more flexible. Interestingly the Skoda Karoq SE has a an extra accessory called a Variable Boot Floor which is how SEAT should describe their Double Boot Floor.

IMG_0498.JPG

Label on carpet floor ordered from SEAT

IMG_0495.JPG

Finished item from underneath

1.4TSI SE Technology, Bila White
Rear View Camera, Advanced Driver Assistance Pack, Park Assist, Spare Wheel and Double Floor.

TrophyJem

Re: Double Boot Floor that is only an adjustable single floor

Post by TrophyJem » Mon May 21, 2018 3:27 pm

I like that.
Looks good
Ateca Xcellence 1.4TSI in Nevada white.
Order date 6 March 2017. Build week, was week 19 then week 28, then confirmed for week 18.
Built Friday 28th April (week 17) - Shipped from Emden 9th May - Collected 19th May :D

Return to “Faults & Technical”