Bluetooth wont stay connected.

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
superstardeejay

Bluetooth wont stay connected.

Post by superstardeejay » Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:19 pm

Hi, just trying to connect my Nokia 6310 to the Ateca. It isn't working.

When I search for the phone it comes up on the display. It then gives me an access code to type into the phone. At this point the phone says 'connect to Seat BT?' and I press 'yes'. Then the phone says 'enter the access code'. Which I do, and press 'ok'. The phone then says 'connected to Seat BT' with a tick. One second later, the phone bleeps and says 'bluetooth disconnected'. When I look at the radio it says 'bluetooth connection failed'.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I've deletd the pairing on the phone and on the radio and started again but it's still the same.

I had no problem in my last car which was 3 years old.
2018 Seat Ateca Xcellence 4DRIVE Tdi 190

O.Lee

Re: Bluetooth wont stay connected.

Post by O.Lee » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:40 am

Having a rather similiar problem with my Xiao Mi , Redmi 4x phone. Connected once succesfully, but never after. Might be something to do with the Android auto, which I installed later on.
Ateca 1.5 EcoTSI, 110 KW, (150 CV) Start/Stop Xcellence Plus 2018 model

O.Lee

Re: Bluetooth wont stay connected.

Post by O.Lee » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:05 pm

Actually, had a chance to try it again today in all its leisure. So I un-installed Android Auto (or might be called Google Auto). After that the phone didnt even need to be re-paired, just works, as intended. Although I had to choose it from the Source after hitting the media button on the left side of the screen. Now even reconnects automatically and starts playing the music where I left off when I exited the car - so seem that pesky Google Android is the culprit!

Might try another USB cable in the future...
Ateca 1.5 EcoTSI, 110 KW, (150 CV) Start/Stop Xcellence Plus 2018 model

Return to “Faults & Technical”