Auto Hold Poblem

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Grahamn

Auto Hold Poblem

Post by Grahamn » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:26 am

Well, for the first time since I purchased he car in March 2017, the auto hold decided to play up yesterday for the very first time, with it not releasing without a great deal of revs and clutch bite - when it did move it was more of a jolt than a gentle release - which made stop-start traffic tricky, not to mention junctions and roundabouts.

I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this with their Ateca (googling shows similar for other VAG cars, but all are just the problem, no-one seems to be reporting any fixes).

The only thing "significant" yesterday was the sheer amount of rain and standing water on the roads, making me wonder if this is playing a part in the problem.

Today I went for a very quick local run and it's not as bad, but it is still reluctant to release the brakes and squeaks/squeals as it does, when trying to pull away with auto hold set.

The car is a 2.0 TDI 4Drive 150 manual.

Hoping someone might have a similar experience and even better, a solution! :-)

Thanks.

Rae9911

Re: Auto Hold Poblem

Post by Rae9911 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi Grahamn

There is actually an issue with the Auto Hold, my Ateca has been in the garage 4 times in the last 4 months, 3 times with the auto hold and the latest with the car cranking to start but not actually firing up.

The auto hold issue the latest update was to disconnect the battery and do a soft ware update which worked for 1 week then the issue was back again and there is currently no fix for it, apparently my car is one of 7 in the UK that this fix did not fix so they are currently still looking into this. So I have told the SEAT garage to keep the car until they sort out both issues as the car is only 4 months old.

Not impressed at all with it. Make sure you take it back to your garage to get it logged as a fault.
Ordered Ateca SE Technology 2.0 TDI 4drive 150PS, Privacy Glass, Reverse Camera, Convenience Pack & Towbar pre-installation with hook.
Ordered 27/04/2018.
Build Week 24
Delivery: 18/07/2018

Return to “Faults & Technical”