Accelerator not reacting for 3 or 4 seconds!

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Hayden mills

Accelerator not reacting for 3 or 4 seconds!

Post by Hayden mills » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:34 am

Picked up my new Ateca on the 11th December 1.5 tsi manual, but every so often when I pull off from a dead start when you press the accelerator in it takes 3 or 4 seconds before the revs kick in causing it to stall as already let the clutch up expecting some reaction from the throttle,

Had another Ateca before this with no issues

Wondering if there's an issue with the new batch of engines or if anyone's experienced the same issue?
68 plate Ateca 1.5 Evo Manual
Xcellence Lux, Rhodium Grey

Grahamn

Re: Accelerator not reacting for 3 or 4 seconds!

Post by Grahamn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:06 am

Not had this problem myself (my issue is autohold not releasing which no-one else on here seems to suffer from)... It sounds to me like the "fly by wire" throttle is misbehaving rather than the engine itself being at fault. If it's reproducible. I'd call SEAT Assist and demo it to them - they can check for any logged faults and can at least support what you're saying if it needs the dealer to work on it. It's the AA who attend as I was impressed when they turned out at my house with an hr or so without it being urgent or critical.

Hayden mills

Post by Hayden mills » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:23 am

Thanks for the reply,

Will have to drive it abit more over the next few days see how it goes

Seems to be when the hill hold comes on when at a standstill

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:07 pm

I'm wondering yours might be auto-hold related too in that case. Mine stalls in that scenario and is very reluctant to move off on the flat and goes to electric handbrake on the hill when it stalls. Check the lights on the Auto Hold and E Hbrake buttons and see what happens. You could also try turning OFF auto hold somewhere quiet and see if that makes a difference - a process of elimination if nothing else. keep us posted!

Bigcarpchaser

Post by Bigcarpchaser » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:17 pm

Hayden mills wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:23 am
Thanks for the reply,

Will have to drive it abit more over the next few days see how it goes

Seems to be when the hill hold comes on when at a standstill
see my thread Hayden

Kevin D

Post by Kevin D » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:20 pm

Yes suffered similar problems,I think it may be related to the stop start I now turn mine off more often than not.do you also suffer the lack of response in second gear could be potentially dangerous..

Hayden mills

Post by Hayden mills » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:49 am

Kevin D wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:20 pm
Yes suffered similar problems,I think it may be related to the stop start I now turn mine off more often than not.do you also suffer the lack of response in second gear could be potentially dangerous..
Sorry only just seen your reply!

I only find it happens every so many days seems like there's a dead spot on the revs in 1st and second gear where it lacks power but really hard to find the right bite and right amount of revs to pull away occasionally,

Find I'm having over rev it to make sure it doesn't stall/crawl out of a junction when pulling away

Think seat are aware of the problem but won't admit it till they find a fix for it!

Brenngun

Post by Brenngun » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Theres a number of other posts on this subject, appears to be common to all 1.5 TSI engines throughout the VW group. Another contributor said that he thought VW were aware and that an ICU fix was coming (I've had exactly the same issue by the way)
MY19 + 1.5 Evo Man + Xcellence Lux + Lava Blue

Mackeyyyy

Post by Mackeyyyy » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:52 pm

This happens to ours! Except ours is DSG... Currently in at the dealer. I know it isn't the auto hold on ours as I always switch it off when I get in, and the start stop too (they're both equally annoying) I'll get to say a roundabout, come off the brake onto acc and nothing for 4/5 seconds (intially) then bang off you went - this was almost a daily occurance (cold start usually)
Finally managed to demonstrate it to the dealership but this time I had my foot to the floor, it was in D, dash shown D1 auto handbrake off, handbrake off, engine running and yet the car wasn't even revving up never mind moving! This went on for at least 2 mins solid, 6 of them seen it happen and we both got video proof. Cars still in there (only been few days) waiting to hear back

O.Lee

Post by O.Lee » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:25 am

Same problem here. Its hard to reproduce this, as it happens at random times (cold engine or not), but mostly get it when not revving the engine high (just rev normal as one would expect in 1st/2nd gear). Had nearly two accidents because of it, as when pulling out into fast moving traffic and stalled! dangerous indeed
Ateca 1.5 EcoTSI, 110 KW, (150 CV) Start/Stop Xcellence Plus 2018 model

Return to “Faults & Technical”