Park brake recall

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
jamesiow

Park brake recall

Post by jamesiow » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:12 am

Hi All
On honest John sites he lists a new recall for this month with Ateca ‘park brake recall’

https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recall ... =Blank&tx=

Have not heard anything from my dealer or SEAT but I may phone them today and ask for this done asap
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

Rory

Re: Park brake recall

Post by Rory » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 am

Doesn't include ours - looks like it's cars built as model year 2017 and 18. Our Sept 18 car is MY19 from the VIN.

Must say when daughter set off from here the other evening the car seemed to require quite a positive effort the get going - I know some people think these autohold and electric handbrake systems are great but to me they seem like the answer to a problem that never existed. She said she always checks the brake is on when leaving the car but "kids" don't seem to like leaving cars in gear.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:42 am

But there is also 2 other recalls for cars built this year too!

https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recall ... =newsearch
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal, Keyless Entry & Rear Sunblinds.

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:58 am

Just phoned Mr dealer and had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. And untill look on computer they told me to wait for the letter. Er no you book it in now and give you a date to fix it. Which stated some point in mid January.

Wonder why SEAT have such bad satisfaction post sales!

Rae9911

Post by Rae9911 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:34 pm

If you look on the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency there is currently 3 Recall faults on the Ateca. Mine is one of the ones affected with the park brake as it will not disengage when the clutch is released and then all of a sudden the car lurches forward. My dealership has had my Ateca with them for this fault and another fault since 4 December and still not got the car back. SEAT UK now looking into this for me as I told them I do not want the car back if they cannot fix the faults on it as it is only 4 months old.
Ordered Ateca SE Technology 2.0 TDI 4drive 150PS, Privacy Glass, Reverse Camera, Convenience Pack & Towbar pre-installation with hook.
Ordered 27/04/2018.
Build Week 24
Delivery: 18/07/2018

SamW

Post by SamW » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:17 pm

My car had the fix last Friday whilst in for other warranty work including the rear parking sensors, which had stopped working. Dealer explained that a software update was due, apparently there were instances of the parking brake releasing when it shouldn't have. Only difference now is more revs required when pulling away with parking brake on, otherwise all fine.
1.0 TSI SE Tech Nevada White, Protection pack, Thule 969 wing bars and Thule 591 cycle racks.

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 pm

When I took my MY19 to my dealership in Nov (to check if TSR could/should be enabled) they said that they did a couple of software updates.
I don't know what one of them was for but the second was "for the headlights".
I notice in the above link that one of the updates 2 is for the inclination of the left headlight may be adjusted at an incorrect angle and includes the date range that my car was built.

update.PNG

MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:12 am

Rory wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 am
Doesn't include ours - looks like it's cars built as model year 2017 and 18. Our Sept 18 car is MY19 from the VIN.

Must say when daughter set off from here the other evening the car seemed to require quite a positive effort the get going - I know some people think these autohold and electric handbrake systems are great but to me they seem like the answer to a problem that never existed. She said she always checks the brake is on when leaving the car but "kids" don't seem to like leaving cars in gear.
Agreed - Very little benefit in removing a handbrake and making it "automatic" as when it goes wrong, there's not much of a "backup" as I found the other week.

As for leaving it in gear, I certainly do that, being old (school) :) and not trusting any brakes..I also turn the wheels into/away from the kerb when parking on a hill.

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 pm

Rory wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:32 am
I know some people think these autohold and electric handbrake systems are great but to me they seem like the answer to a problem that never existed.
Well, it depends on what your problem is. The only problem I've ever had with a handbrake, was water ingress inside the Bowden cable and subsequent freezing in subzero temperatures. For that, the electric handbrake is very much the right answer. :)
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

Return to “Faults & Technical”