Several faults :(

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Ibeansx

Several faults :(

Post by Ibeansx » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:36 pm

Hello guys

has anyone else been experiencing any of the following faults my car has been in and out of the garage like a yoyo and starting to grind my bones a little.

Informant system issues
this has been going for about 5 months. the screen at times randomly goes of with nothing working other times the screen freezes no buttons work speakers are silent and reversing sensors dont beep and other times I get a notice come up saying informant system protection active.
the car has been back to dealership a couple of times with this issue first time software update was done but did not resolve the issue and then on return they said there was a notification on there system telling them not to attempt repair as there is currently no fix and there will be a large software update released soon to rectify the problem. so sounds like im not the only one with this issue?

Airbag Error

Airbag on light remains lit for 20 mins while driving to work when getting in my car to come back the airbag dash light was on and on the screen a message saying there was an airbag error. when seat assist arrived they plugged it in and it came up with an "unknown error" and was recovered to dealership they then phoned to say they couldn't find the fault as the problem sensor didn't seem to have a fault and was working fine and to collect

Handbrake
after all of the above the cars handbrake does not seem to now release correctly when getting to bite the car dips and handbrake still does not release until I give it a far amount of throttle and then the car does jolt forward and brake releases. when reversing it does the same but then when crawling back slowly in revers the brake squeaks as if the pads are stuck. the car has never done this before and normally seems to release on just the clutch with a tiny bit of throttle. now await call back from servicing regarding this.

Has anyone had any of the above problems and if so what did you find the problem was ? like I say this situation is starting to really annoy me now considering the car is only 7 months old and think I might have to start looking at "my options"

Tet70

Re: Several faults :(

Post by Tet70 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:11 pm

I have been fortunate enough not to have any of these issues. But if I may speculate a little, you might have faulty CAN gateway in your car. I think that's the only thing in common to all those equipment that have been misbehaving in your car. It connects all the different communication buses in the car. As far as I know, it also plays significant role in Component Protection, which might explain those "protection active" faults.

Of course, those could also just be several independent issues. As I said, I'm just speculating.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

Ibeansx

Post by Ibeansx » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:28 pm

Oh that’s useful to know might dig a bit deeper into that and see if that is a possible issue thank you

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:54 pm

This has been going on since it was 2 months old? When was it first looked at?

This shouldn't be dragging on this long and I would have looked at rejecting the car before now... I think you are too late now (has to be within 6 months, I believe) but I would certainly be telling the dealer this is not acceptable. If you got it on finance I would speak to the finance company as well.
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Ibeansx

Post by Ibeansx » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Flakmunky wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:54 pm
This has been going on since it was 2 months old? When was it first looked at?

This shouldn't be dragging on this long and I would have looked at rejecting the car before now... I think you are too late now (has to be within 6 months, I believe) but I would certainly be telling the dealer this is not acceptable. If you got it on finance I would speak to the finance company as well.
Yer I believe it is within 6 months but after taking some advice I may have a saving grace with the fact that the fault was reported within 6 months and still not resolved. the dealership has told me that theres nothing they can do with the informant system fault until this software update is released and are telling me that the other faults I am experiencing are not linked although I unsure how reliable there thoughts are with that one when they ring me regarding the hand break fault I will be making sure they know how I feel about the situation I will be contacting seat finance regarding this tomorrow also.

I thought when I got the car back from the dealership and had the problem with handbrake it was just me maybe looking for faults and being daft but then when my wife drove the car and asked "what the hell was wrong with it" it just confirmed the issue to me annoying is an understatement must have got a Friday afternoon car

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:29 pm

I'm really sorry to hear of your situation... And I hope you get it resolved to your satisfaction.

I think I'd insist on the infotainment system being replaced or you will reject the car.

I - and many others - don't have the faults you describe so making you wait while they write new software is not acceptable.

If you have the car on finance then legally the car is not yours and therefore the finance company can negotiate on your behalf as well with the dealer.
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Return to “Faults & Technical”