SEAT ATECA 2019 model Auto Handbrake Failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Rory

Re: SEAT ATECA 2019 model Auto Handbrake Failure

Post by Rory » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:22 pm

MikeW wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:33 pm
So no awards from the plain English campaign but I stand by my initial conclusion that the EPB won't come on automatically with auto hold OFF. That's certainly how my vehicle behaves and I think that's as designed, not a fault.
Please test this for yourself, but it's my understanding that if you allow the EPB to release automatically, then it will re-apply automatically.

Where you'll defeat the system is if you release the EPB manually - then it won't reapply itself, unless auto hold is on.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am

Rory wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:22 pm
Please test this for yourself, but it's my understanding that if you allow the EPB to release automatically, then it will re-apply automatically.

Where you'll defeat the system is if you release the EPB manually - then it won't reapply itself, unless auto hold is on.
Doesn't work that way on my car. If the AutoHold is off, the EPB is never applied automatically. It doesn't matter if I release it manually, or just set off and let it automatically release. It will never re-apply, if AutoHold is off.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

Rory

Post by Rory » Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:02 pm

Tet70 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am
Rory wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:22 pm

Doesn't work that way on my car. If the AutoHold is off, the EPB is never applied automatically. It doesn't matter if I release it manually, or just set off and let it automatically release. It will never re-apply, if AutoHold is off.
Tried this in our Tiguan earlier (never use Autohold and often don't bother with EPB) and it is just as you said.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

silent ninja

Post by silent ninja » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:39 pm

Does the car have a feature where it doesn't roll backwards? Such as on a hill - or under any circumstances, unless you put in reverse.

I'm soon to get my Ateca.

Return to “Faults & Technical”