Rear Assist and Blind Spot Monitor Issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
wesbar

Rear Assist and Blind Spot Monitor Issue

Post by wesbar » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi All. Just got my Cupra Ateca last week and all is great apart from the rear assist and blind spot monitor. I have to manually activate it them every time I start the ignition in the assist menu. Then, as soon as I put the car in reverse they both deactivate with a message popping saying as much. THe blind spot monitor works fine while on the move but the rear assist is useless due to them both deactivating as soon as reverse is selected. Anyone had anything similar? The manual says it deactivates if you hook up a trailer but I done even have the tow bar! Cheers.

DSG4WD

Re: Rear Assist and Blind Spot Monitor Issue

Post by DSG4WD » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:09 am

Why do you have to activate them. What happens if you don't and then select reverse? Surely they should come on automatically?
Lava blue Excellence 190 DSG 4WD with heated windscreen, park assist, spare wheel, top view camera, adaptive cruise control and boot organiser nets.

wesbar

Post by wesbar » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:19 pm

No they must be turned on to work like all the other assistance systems like lane assist etc.

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:36 pm

but once enabled surely they work automatically when needed don't they ???
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

wesbar

Post by wesbar » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:57 pm

Blind spot does but as soon as reverse it selected a message pops up saying they’ve both been deactivated.

Flakmunky

Post by Flakmunky » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:45 am

Sounds like a fault. Mine only deactivate when a trailer is attached.
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue.

Fully loaded:
Adaptive Cruise Control, Digital Cockpit, Top View, Lane Assist, Park Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, High Beam Assist, Traffic Sign Recognition, Blind Spot Detection & Rear Cross Traffic Alert

ep-irl

Post by ep-irl » Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:07 am

my drivers blind spot detection yellow light comes on sometimes even when there isnt a car next to me, seems to happen only when im on a straight piece if dual carriageway , traveling at 60mph approx, i said it to the dealer on last service , but its still happens
XCELLENCE, 2.0TDI, 4Drive, Cappuccino Beige, Black leather, 18" Machined alloys, Sunroof, BSD, Full Link. delivered 15 Jan 18

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:10 am

wesbar wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:40 pm
Hi All. Just got my Cupra Ateca last week and all is great apart from the rear assist and blind spot monitor. I have to manually activate it them every time I start the ignition in the assist menu. Then, as soon as I put the car in reverse they both deactivate with a message popping saying as much. THe blind spot monitor works fine while on the move but the rear assist is useless due to them both deactivating as soon as reverse is selected. Anyone had anything similar? The manual says it deactivates if you hook up a trailer but I done even have the tow bar! Cheers.
Apologies, only just seen this. Did you get problem resolved?

OK I had exact same problem on my Skoda. Everything had been working fine, I had an accident, repair centre sent car to dealer to have assist systems re-calibrated, but when the car was returned, noticed the exact same issues as you, certain driver assist systems were not retaining their settings. I didn't notice the error message, it was the mechanic who pointed it out to me on the test drive - the error appeared when selecting reverse gear. Mechanic wasn't sure why the error occured - said to leave the car with them until they checked with Skoda.

Problem solved after a few days. They said it was a coding issue - something had changed. To me that sounds like they either didn't re-align the system properly or the accident centre reset some part of the system without fully testing or understanding it ( was probably the latter ).

Anyway as I say, all service did was enter the correct code and these driver assist systems were back to storing their previous configuration.

Return to “Faults & Technical”