1.5 engine software updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Pennine bantam

1.5 engine software updates

Post by Pennine bantam » Fri May 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Just wondering if there are any ateca owners who have the 1.5 evo 1st gear engine problems that have been contacted by their dealers or seat regarding the software updates
I notice on the skoda & volkswagen forums that the updates have started to be installed with some success it seems.
I am one of the unfortunates that has seen my 2019 excellence model affected, and am currently in a hire car courtesy seat uk while i await the fix
1.5 excellence rhodium grey

matthab

Re: 1.5 engine software updates

Post by matthab » Sat May 18, 2019 4:03 pm

Nothing yet. Seems like organised chaos, the Skoda one was pulled, then not, then pulled. Suspect the update will be out June but thats anyone's guess.
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

O.Lee

Post by O.Lee » Wed May 22, 2019 3:25 am

A friend contacted a hot shot sales guy in Seats central sales team in Barcelona, and was told the best way would be to register your problem/complaint here:

https://www.seat.es/posventa/atencion-a ... tacto.html

I have done so in English just now, lets see what happens
Ateca 1.5 EcoTSI, 110 KW, (150 CV) Start/Stop Xcellence Plus 2018 model

matthab

Post by matthab » Thu May 23, 2019 1:07 pm

So I rang my Seat case manager today and some good news actually came out. They are testing the patch in a few select dealers and should be able to book cars in some point next week. He advised he would call me next week to arrange.

Pennine bantam

Post by Pennine bantam » Thu May 23, 2019 4:54 pm

Finally some good news fingers x
Seat uk & my dealer have told me today that the long awaited software is now being released, and will be applied to my car tomorrow, can only pray that it works
1.5 excellence rhodium grey

FrAteca

Post by FrAteca » Tue May 28, 2019 2:55 pm

so are they not sending recall letters out then..we have to contact them!?? I will be ringing my local dealership that i got the car from then.

matthab

Post by matthab » Tue May 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Official recalls only come out for safety related issues, which quite wrongly or rightly this is not. Its more a TPI which will fix as customers raise issues.

Felix

Post by Felix » Wed May 29, 2019 9:37 am

Software update is meant mostly for one issue - lack of reaction when pressing accelerator. I have experienced it several times in 1.5 DSG, but fortunately not in heavy traffic. It is/might be really dangerous. Other issues (kangaroo etc.) were also fixed (at least partially) by this update, but lack of acceleration was main reason for the update.
This IS safety issue and there should be recall.

matthab

Post by matthab » Wed May 29, 2019 9:45 am

Felix wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 9:37 am
Software update is meant mostly for one issue - lack of reaction when pressing accelerator. I have experienced it several times in 1.5 DSG, but fortunately not in heavy traffic. It is/might be really dangerous. Other issues (kangaroo etc.) were also fixed (at least partially) by this update, but lack of acceleration was main reason for the update.
This IS safety issue and there should be recall.
Couldnt agree more, many people from the Karoq forums wrote to DVSA which have decided not to treat it as a safety issue. :shock:

Teo

Post by Teo » Wed May 29, 2019 10:17 am

Hello, I got the update installed yesterday (in Poland) and the update helps a lot, but doesn`t fix all the problems. Kangaroo effect is still present but definitely much less than before. The first gear issue also is much less visibe.

What is my concern now why some cars were not affected by the engine problems and some were. Why some cars needs the software update and some doesn`t ?? If the software is exactly the same in all the cars and only some cars has to be fixed, then.... is it really the software problem, or is it in fact some mechanical problem that is only being hidden by the new software ?
Do You understand what is going on ?

Return to “Faults & Technical”