1.5 engine software updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Sash

Re: 1.5 engine software updates

Post by Sash » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:48 pm

I usually wait for 15-20 sec for rpm to fall from 1200 to 700 and drive away. Just enough for the pump to spread the oil. Please do let us know how the update work.

abc123

Post by abc123 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 pm

I have some jerkiness in 1st when col but honestly it isn't too bad. The problem is mine frequently suffers from no response at all in 2nd gear, particularly frustrating when leaving junctions, roundabouts etc when I really don't want to go down to 1st. It's a shame I didn't buy the DSG in that respect, but the point is I should be able to drive the car happily without needing to think that!

Do we know yet from those who have had the update whether it helps with this?

matthab

Post by matthab » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:52 pm

Mines in tomorrow so we will find out what difference it makes.

The 2nd gear pull away is a behaviour of the dsg, every dsg I have had has done this and you get used to it. My wife's Leon 1.2tsi does it, my Leon 280 did it but had enough torque to over come it.
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

Ralph_Malph

Post by Ralph_Malph » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:03 pm

abc123 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:41 pm
Do we know yet from those who have had the update whether it helps with this?
Hy abc123,

reading different forums seems that the update being delivered now has a primary effect on the stalling issue; I can't personally remember anyone still complaining about the stalling after the update.
On the other hand a few drivers still complain of kangarooing after the update, and some were told that a second update is due "soon" (?) to fix this issue as well.
Some drivers were also told that the engine had to "learn" (?) the new software map before the issues disappear, so were told to drive 600 miles before judging effects of the update.

Mogton

Post by Mogton » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 am

They have mine booked in on Wednesday but the service lady said her Leon does the jumping and she's not aware there is a software update yet to fix this. Mines not done it since Saturday so I wonder if I've adjusted my drivers style to subconsciously accommodate it. I've fitted a dash cam in the hope that catches it happening.

Ralph_Malph

Post by Ralph_Malph » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:38 am

Mogton wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 am
They have mine booked in on Wednesday but the service lady said her Leon does the jumping and she's not aware there is a software update yet to fix this. Mines not done it since Saturday so I wonder if I've adjusted my drivers style to subconsciously accommodate it. I've fitted a dash cam in the hope that catches it happening.
Yes, it seems believable that you just needed to adapt your driving style to the new car, considering that you collected her (manual gear) on Mon the 3rd and spotted the issue up to Sat the 8th.

What seems unbelievable is that "the service lady said her Leon does the jumping and she's not aware there is a software update yet to fix this"... :o

Teo

Post by Teo » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:41 am

Unfortunately I am not able to attach a movie file here, to show You what mine kangaroo effect looked like before the software update.
After the update I still got the kangaroo effect, but a bit less, no stalling in the 2nd gear anymore, and much less problems with the shutdown of the engine when starting to move, which was a big problem for me.

The problem is I was told it is just (only) a remapping how the engine works. To sum up it is not a "fix", it is just a way to hide the problem (maybe some mechanical one), which still exists.
To sum up the update is wort it, if someone wants to have a less stresfull life with the car. But it is not a fix.

And by the way:
Rob wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:28 am
We promote a mutual code of conduct here and ask that you respect each other at all times.
This only shows that all the countries probably have slightly different culture and each language has a different load of emotions, which probably is not translateable in a simple way. In my culture it is vital to distinguish facts from fiction. And I always felt that it is vital to point out a fiction and the one who produces it.
I see that in Your culture the most vital thing is to stay as polite as possible no matter the costs. In my culture producing fiction is a bigger disrespect than pointing it out in the straightforward way. But since this is UK forum, I will stick to Your rules, no matter the costs, although i am very surprised with it all. They say one is learning during all of the life :)
Last edited by Teo on Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

matthab

Post by matthab » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:28 pm

Mine is in as we speak, cant wait to get it back. I will no longer complain about the 1.5 lumpiness compared to the ibiza 1.0 courtesy car.
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

Ralph_Malph

Post by Ralph_Malph » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:12 pm

matthab wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:28 pm
I will no longer complain about the 1.5 lumpiness compared to the ibiza 1.0 courtesy car.
;)

abc123

Post by abc123 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:29 pm

Personally I'm in the UK and would much rather we all spent longer distinguishing fact from fiction.

It sounds like the update certainly helps, particularly with the stalling / lack of response. Do I just speak to the service department to book it in or do I have to go through Seat UK? I don't want numerous trips to 'diagnose' the problem first.

Return to “Faults & Technical”