1.5 engine software updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Sash

Re: 1.5 engine software updates

Post by Sash » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Same here, 1200 and then 1000 in 30 sec.
Before the update it was 1200 and then 800.

Paramop05

Post by Paramop05 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:21 pm

Just back from dealership after taking it in for them to check out Kangarooing no fault found on road test, will have to see what it is like tomorrow when cold.
Regarding software updates carried out last month TPI 2050266/6 updated the engine control unit software from 6090 to 7421
Is what they used and 7421 is the most up to date software which was used again today.

Paramop05

Post by Paramop05 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Is this normal after having the update done the flat spot in second gear has gone ,the stalling has gone but the Kangarooing has not. The other thing that has developed is the car seams to run along on its own ,in second gear without my feet on any of the-pedals on a flat road it my travel along at 10-11mph ,in third gear it is the same reaching 25 mph without my feet on any of the pedals I’m sure it was not like that befor the update just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.

matthab

Post by matthab » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:12 pm

I would say 3rd gear is too high for 10-11mph. Are the revs increasing or does it get to 25mph and stay?
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

Sash

Post by Sash » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:21 pm

Paramop05 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Is this normal after having the update done the flat spot in second gear has gone ,the stalling has gone but the Kangarooing has not. The other thing that has developed is the car seams to run along on its own ,in second gear without my feet on any of the-pedals on a flat road it my travel along at 10-11mph ,in third gear it is the same reaching 25 mph without my feet on any of the pedals I’m sure it was not like that befor the update just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.

Yep, same here in 2nd gear, but strangely only when I start the engine. And I have no kangarooing issues.

freddie

Post by freddie » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:58 pm

Paramop05 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:02 pm
... The other thing that has developed is the car seams to run along on its own ,in second gear without my feet on any of the-pedals on a flat road it my travel along at 10-11mph ,in third gear it is the same reaching 25 mph without my feet on any of the pedals I’m sure it was not like that befor the update just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same.
Mine (1.5 Tsi first build week my19) has always done this. I don't have any of the other issues or the software update.

Pennine bantam

Post by Pennine bantam » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi all, heres an update on my software fix
Had the software download approx 900 miles ago
And can report back that the 2 nd gear deadspot/ cutting out has been cured i still have the kangaroo from start up, which i am very unimpressed with !
My other concern wth the engine is that when changing gear from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3 rd
Is that despite pressing the clutch to change is that the engine revs stay the same causing an over reving sound with the gearchange, i cant remember if it did it pre software fix as the dealer had the car longer than i have had it awaiting the software download
Does anyone else notice this
Also does anyone else know of a 2nd software version being made available? I have noticed some reports across the group forums about a 2nd patch to cure the kangarooing, can anyone confirm this ?
1.5 excellence rhodium grey

matthab

Post by matthab » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:01 pm

After nearly 1000 miles with the update the car is vastly improved but I find it lumpy in 3rd gear at 20 mph. Seat have asked the dealership to have it in and have a look, so in it goes again.
Seat Ateca 1.5tsi DSG Xcellence Lux Black Magic

MrRilo

Post by MrRilo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Have my manual with the kangaroo effect when cold booked in on Friday. Got it in March.

When I rang, unsurprisingly they claimed they didn't know anything about the issue. Told them to Google it.

I have arranged to drop it off tomorrow night so they can drive it cold on Friday. Let them dismiss the issue after that!!!

Will update when i get it back and have driven it cold.
1.5TSI Ateca manual FR
Samoa Orange

Sash

Post by Sash » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:50 pm

MrRilo wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:56 pm
Have my manual with the kangaroo effect when cold booked in on Friday. Got it in March.

When I rang, unsurprisingly they claimed they didn't know anything about the issue. Told them to Google it.

I have arranged to drop it off tomorrow night so they can drive it cold on Friday. Let them dismiss the issue after that!!!

Will update when i get it back and have driven it cold.
My SEAT service were not aware of the issue either, said they would need to check if there was an update for my particular car. But the point is, you do not need to convince them you have an issue. If there is an update for your car they should install it, no questions asked. I didn't even have any kangarooing issues.

Return to “Faults & Technical”