Wing mirrors

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
RuthB

Wing mirrors

Post by RuthB » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Hi

Is anyone else having trouble getting their wing mirrors to fold in when they park? MIne have suddenly stopped working - they were fine until yesterday - I've just checked and the option is still ticked in the infotainment system.

On a brighter note I've just been playing with the virtual pedal and it has worked every time, both opening and closing and with the car both unlocked and locked :mrgreen:

You only get the beep warning when the tailgate is closing.
2.0 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with pano sunroof, heated windscreen, virtual pedal and top view camera

Tell

Re: Wing mirrors

Post by Tell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Ruth, lucky you on the pedal. Think yours was built after mine. Doesn't work at all on the pedal.

Mirrors are fine, I'm sure you have your twiddly knob set to down, 0, and not got confused about that. Mine go up and down either on the knob or the extended door lock. I use the latter. But I guess you need zero on the knob perhaps without experimenting.

Sitting in the car back to entering 105 destinations....
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

RuthB

Post by RuthB » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:06 pm

Yes the twiddly knob is at 0. Just tried folding them with the knob and they work fine, just not when I lock the car (either via the handle or key). Very odd.

We have to trek back up to the dealers on Monday to get the sat nav working and to pick up the spare wheel :roll: so I will mention it then if they're still not working.
2.0 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with pano sunroof, heated windscreen, virtual pedal and top view camera

Tell

Post by Tell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Best to get them look at it. Hmmm slightly distressing if there are programming bugs in the car's systems that create these problems.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

David_S

Post by David_S » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Maybe Seat's toys work on a one in one out basis. So the virtual pedal decides it's going to work which means something else must not and in your case it seems to be the folding mirrors!
Enjoying since 18/01/2017:

Ateca Xcellence 1.4 Tsi, Cheapskate Blue, Seat Sound, Heated Windscreen, 19" alloys, anything else is just showing off and probably won't work anyway. :D 8-)

RuthB

Post by RuthB » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:44 pm

David_S wrote:Maybe Seat's toys work on a one in one out basis. So the virtual pedal decides it's going to work which means something else must not and in your case it seems to be the folding mirrors!
:D at least I can use the twiddly knob instead!

Tell

Post by Tell » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:51 pm

My dealers chief technician has been off for training this week so I'm expecting big things on the virtual pedal. I know one Seat dealer in North London I wouldn't trust with a barge poll on a car this advanced, I pitty those people who might have bought an Ateca from them. I moved my business from them since they were a bunch of whatevers.... which means I travel further but I have more trust in them. Why dealers go out of business since they are useless. Well one of the reasons.

Ah the old twiddly knob... had that on the Altea, home from home, I don't use it now do the touch locking :).

alanmartingreen

Post by alanmartingreen » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:26 pm

My wing mirrors fold in each time I long press on the door handle to lock (kessy) I did however experience issues at first with the virtual pedal, but I thought it may have been the surface it was parked on, it seems to have rectified itself in the meantime.
I'm yet to test the long press on the handle to bring all the windows up and close the sunroof. I know this works on other brand cars, but the weather hasn't allowed us to test this yet.
Does anyone know about locking and disabling the alarm, is this still one touch on the handle or one long press of the key fob to lock and arm the alarm and 2 clicks of the fob to lock and disable the alarm?
I only ask as when we were traveling back from Spain on the boat, the crew asked us to lock and disable the car alarm, this flummoxed us as we'd never had to do that before, but it turns out we'd been doing it wrong for 4 years on our VW Golf and my 2 Leon's...!

Dougie

Post by Dougie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:45 pm

Have you tried holding your thumb on the lock button on the key? You do have to hold it down for quite a long while before the mirrors fold in.
Mato Brown SE Tech.

RuthB

Post by RuthB » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:25 am

There was a fault - it's all been fixed now. I think they just disconnected the battery!