Wing mirrors

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Saggy

Re: Wing mirrors

Post by Saggy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:38 pm

1 click to lock
1 long click to do mirrors?

I do mine as keyless on door like that
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

mpward1976

Post by mpward1976 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Doesn't work for me :o( are they supposed to fold out as well when getting in the car?

Tell

Post by Tell » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:51 pm

Depends how you define "automatic". It's a second poke either by hanging onto the remote or covering the sensor out face groove with the back of your hand or thumb if keyless. Don't grab the door just wait for them to close if using the Kessey method all in one touch. Easier that working out top / bottom of remote. Kessey is also a bit sensitive to gloves on the lock so you might get a chilled hand for two seconds.

The kick under the boot to open and close only works with the key on you, not somewhere else like in the car.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:07 pm

Dougie wrote:Have you tried holding your thumb on the lock button on the key? You do have to hold it down for quite a long while before the mirrors fold in.
That's good to know. I was wondering how to enable them fold when I lock the doors...
1.4 TSI DSG Style - Nevada White, with Panoramic Sunroof, Front Assist, Style Pack, Virtual Pedal, Electric Boot Lid.

mpward1976

Post by mpward1976 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:51 pm

Mine are working no thanks although they don't fold in as much as I would like them to.

Montala

Post by Montala » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:07 pm

Can anyone please tell me by how much they reduce the width of the car, when they are folded, if you know what I mean.

I am hoping that will give me a bit more clearance when reversing into our garage, as none of the reviews I have read, or even the manufacturer's literature, quote the the actual width of the car with the mirrors folded, which surely has to be wider than the body width itself... which is a measurement they do give!

Thanks! :)
Ateca 1.4TSi SE in Rodium Grey, with heated windscreen (inc. Convenience Pack), Park assist system with steering assist, Keyless enter and Go with deadlocks, plus Navigation system pack - Build completed in Week 3 - Collected on March 1st 2017 :D

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:20 pm

They fold in quite well actually..
The tech manual on page 6, has mirror to mirror at 2078, and door handle to door handle as 1841..
Looking down the side of mine when folded in, they pretty much don't protrude any further out than the door handles, maybe just a few mm, so i'd go for the 1841 and round up to say 1845 allowing 2mm either side....
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Tell

Post by Tell » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:36 pm

& that's this manual ofcourse

http://vwts.ru/pps/pps_seat_163_seat_ateca_eng.pdf

;)

(there are three manuals of importance the ones that come with the car available on the Seat site plus this one which I christened "the technical manual" which is a technical training manual for Seat staff... forgot the dimensions were in that.... thanks Ghiggz...)
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Montala

Post by Montala » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:28 pm

Ghiggz wrote:They fold in quite well actually..
The tech manual on page 6, has mirror to mirror at 2078, and door handle to door handle as 1841..
Looking down the side of mine when folded in, they pretty much don't protrude any further out than the door handles, maybe just a few mm, so i'd go for the 1841 and round up to say 1845 allowing 2mm either side....
Thank you for a most encouraging reply... that is just what I was hoping to hear!

It hardly looks any wider than my Peugeot 2008, so should go in the garage after all.... hooray! :D
Ateca 1.4TSi SE in Rodium Grey, with heated windscreen (inc. Convenience Pack), Park assist system with steering assist, Keyless enter and Go with deadlocks, plus Navigation system pack - Build completed in Week 3 - Collected on March 1st 2017 :D

JLO

Post by JLO » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:24 am

Not sure what you have done to that link Tell, it takes me to a Russian site where the Ateca isn't even listed
ARRIVED! Black Magic, 1.4 Xcellence TSI, inc ACC, Nav System plus with Seat Sound, Heated W/Screen, Advanced Driving Assistance Pack, Xcellence Pack