Wing mirrors

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Tell

Re: Wing mirrors

Post by Tell » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:35 am

It does play up at times. It is on that Russian site, that's why I gave the link again since the original one stopped working, the one yesterday was fine - at that time. If you Google

pps_seat_163_seat_ateca_eng.pdf

You should find it. That's put it in the Google search engine.... this should work

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sclient= ... X5CyyT9VKk

Currently the first on the list after the advert. I have it saved rather than picking it up each time.
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:27 pm

I've got it downloaded as well, can up it to Google drive if anyone wants a copy??

Edit:
Below

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7WOX ... mFlY2h2c00
Last edited by Ghiggz on Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Montala

Post by Montala » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:43 am

mpward1976 wrote:Yeah they just don't fold in automatically when parked?
Getting back to the wing mirrors... on Page 31 of the SEAT UK brochure, below the photograph of the SE trim specification, it clearly states that "On parking, the door mirrors fold electronically".

From what I have read in this thread though, I am not sure that is 100% correct... do they actually do this?

Thanks! :)
Ateca 1.4TSi SE in Rodium Grey, with heated windscreen (inc. Convenience Pack), Park assist system with steering assist, Keyless enter and Go with deadlocks, plus Navigation system pack - Build completed in Week 3 - Collected on March 1st 2017 :D

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:51 am

Not automatically they don't.
You have to hold down key fob lock button extra second, or do the back hand door handle trick if kessy...
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

Tell

Post by Tell » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:53 am

They do fold electronically but it's a two stage process. One lock, two you tell it to fold them "electronically" they fold. Either hang onto the lock remote button for a bit longer and if Kessey touch the magic lock place for about two seconds and they fold. Stages one and two on Kessey are done in one phase long touch, ditto remote, one long hold. When the mirrors fold you know the car is locked and the alarm led starts to flash on the passenger side.

The two stage process allows you to decide whether you want to fold them in or leave them out.

Put it like this

Touch - to lock

hang on a bit longer - to fold

Actioned via the remote or the door if Kessey.

(I see Ghiggz beat me too it... I think I said further up it's how you define automatically)
Ateca Xcellence 190 TDI 4Drive DSG, Rodium Grey, 19", Heated Windscreen, Navigation Plus, Seat sound, Panoramic roof, Xcellence Pack, Adv Comfort & Driving pack - on the road

Montala

Post by Montala » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 pm

It sounds to me as if SEAT are being a bit sneaky here, by using the word "electronically" rather than "automatically"!

Thanks for the tips anyway guys... I know what I have to do now!
Ateca 1.4TSi SE in Rodium Grey, with heated windscreen (inc. Convenience Pack), Park assist system with steering assist, Keyless enter and Go with deadlocks, plus Navigation system pack - Build completed in Week 3 - Collected on March 1st 2017 :D

SamW

Post by SamW » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:08 pm

Car went back in to local dealer before Christmas and mirrors now fixed. Technician sorted it while I waited. He explained that he connected it up to a computer and now sorted. He also pointed out that the one-time touch operation on the front passenger window had ceased to work too. He showed me how to fix it if it happens again. ...Ignition on, lower the driver's window fully, release button hold down again for 2 secs, raise window, hold button again for 2 secs. Folding mirrors via fob and one-time touch on Windows linked.
Happy motoring to you all!
1.0 TSI SE Tech Nevada White, Protection pack, Thule 969 wing bars and Thule 591 cycle racks.

Tell

Post by Tell » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:43 pm

That sounds to me either like a programming bug or its designed to clear it. Bit weird that one or a short cut to give the system a poke.

At times like this I take what is said and Google it

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Ignit ... 8wfx5LXADQ

Seems to be a standard trick. Throw mirrors into that and do another Google.

I'll have to print that one off and put in the cars manual. Thanks....

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:36 pm

It's in the manual p128.

It doesn't mention the link to the mirrors.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Tell

Post by Tell » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:11 pm

Shown against other manufacturers when I said toss mirrors in the Google so it must be the same controller or techniques used against manufacturer then they threw in the mirrors in as well.

Thanks again Sam for sharing the solution. Probably for Ruth they pulled the battery off since she alluded to that, then did the reset as you have to do after that, but Sam's dealer just did the reset.