Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

12 Volt socket in boot

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Rtor 
#1 ·
My good lady would like me to install her dashcams in the Ateca. The front one should not be a problem but unlike her previous car this one does not have a 12 volt socket in the boot so getting a suitable power source for the rear facing dashcam may not be easy.

Has anyone managed to install a 12 volt socket in the boot of the Ateca or know of a suitable 12 volt supply that I can use?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

#2 ·
Hi , don't know if this will help you but i solved this problem by routing an extension cable (Carviya High Power 12V-24V Universal Car Cigarette Lighter Extension Socket ) from the front 12v socket (by using a Cateck 1 to 2 Sockets Cigarette Lighter Splitter) to the boot via under the passenger seat , under the trim ,under the back seat , behind the boot trim , then poked it through the piece of boot liner where the 12v socket should have been ----- had they fitted one ............. Why SEAT don't fit one in the boot in the first place i don't understand . What makes them think UK driver's don't need one ?

2021 Seat Ateca 1.5 TSI EVO Xperience LUX DSG - Camouflage Green - Fully Loaded - Predictive Adaptive Cruise Control etc etc

#4 ·
Hi , hope you don't mind me asking but how much did installation cost please ?

2021 Seat Ateca 1.5 TSI EVO Xperience LUX DSG - Camouflage Green - Fully Loaded - Predictive Adaptive Cruise Control etc etc

#5 ·
No problem it was £210 for the installation front & rear, the cameras were supplied by them also. I could of got the cameras cheaper elsewhere but then they charge more for the fitting so overall i gained a little with them supply & fit (John Kleis, Reading, Berkshire) top company.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.