Annoying rattle

Faults and Technical chat for the Seat Ateca
Jcbmally

Re: Annoying rattle

Post by Jcbmally » Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Fitz wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:02 am
Issue not resolved, rattle still present
Had mine in last week for a rattle at the bottom of the steering column, It was a black box, I know this as when I tapped it with my fist it would replicate the noise. Dealer fixed it. Turned out to be a bracket that goes over the steering column at the bottom (slack screw), I was told it was not a safety issue just cosmetic.
It is not what you do not know that is not worth not knowing about, or is it !! :?

Tyo1980

Post by Tyo1980 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Had my ateca 1month and noticed on uneven surfaces my air vents rattle looking to book it in

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:43 am

I've noticed the odd rattle on uneven roads from my driver's side vent (right of steering wheel). Not annoying enough to book in immediately so adopting the wait-and-see approach before heading to a dealers to look at.

Was it all your dash vents or just the one? From what I've noticed it feels like the inner vent guides (the vertical slats) are the ones that appear to rattle. Not sure if much can be done hence the wait-and-see approach.

Let us know how you get on.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

TunnylaneTom

Post by TunnylaneTom » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:15 pm

Try stuffing abit of sponge between the airbag box and the air vents. Fixed my rattle so far. See pic. Pink bit is sponge.
TT

IMG_20170929_155701_01_01.jpg

Torgyl

Post by Torgyl » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:04 am

I have had my vehicle at the SEAT workshop to fix a rattle coming from low left side in the front of the driver's seat. The rattle was most significantly about 1500 rpm on the engine. They show me a service message from SEAT SWEDEN there they have discoverd a problem behind the inner liner of the front door. The service message described how they would fix the problem. The rattle has been much better but I'm not shure it is gone to be total silence. I have to test the car a little more to see if I can induce the rattle any more.

Hullujussi

Post by Hullujussi » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:04 am

Hi. Mine has rattle in the passanger door. Went to the shop and they discovered there was some padding missing inside the door. Next attempt to fix this next week. Also that door has issue with electric window especially when there is moisture in the surface of it. When lowering the window and trying to get it up again it will (in most cases) stuck (or lower back down because of torgue sensing). Shop said they did not see this phenomenon but the window was dry at the time Heteca was in the shop. Next week I take my own spray bottle to the shop and advise them how to get this fault visible :)
Finland: Ordered 01/2017, estimation of delivery then was 09/2017, on the road since 03.07.2017. Xcellence, 2.0 TDI, DSG 4Drive, of course heated windscreen :lol:

WillGir

Post by WillGir » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:33 pm

My ateca developed the rattle 6 months after collection day. Upon tracki g down the annoying rattle, i found out that its coming from the plastic cover of the dash instruments. If you press gently over the frame of the dash instrument , the rattle will go away.
Will fix it with a mini rubber padding when i get the time...
Excellence. 1.4TSI. 18"Wheels.Mato Brown.Full Led.Panoramic Roof.DSG.keyless entry & Go.Alcantra Seats. Tinted rear Windows.Interior Ambient lighting.

Tyo1980

Post by Tyo1980 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:42 pm

Fitz wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:48 pm
Hi, first post for me as only just taken possession 2 weeks ago. Last week whilst driving I started noticing a vibration / rattle behind the dash, somewhere in front of me. Took this back to SEAT who cannot find the issue, so have re-booked for a 48 hour investigation at the end of the month. The sound is only noticeable on roads that need resurfacing, or have loose stones. You can't hear it going over proper bumps or on perfect roads.

Ever so slightly irritating. Its hard to hear, but once you hear it its all you can focus on. Any of the people on this thread had a result as yet?
I have had my car in twice now for 2 full days the handles were rattling which they still are, if anything it is worse. Only got the car in September seem like it is a problem, I have booked it in again.

Tyo1980

Post by Tyo1980 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:45 pm

I think it is the door handles on mine but have had it in for 2 separate days now and it is still rattling. Only bought it brand new in September annoying

Fitz

Post by Fitz » Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:04 pm

Just a bit of an update on the situation. Had the car go in about 4 times to have this looked at. Dash came off and packing went in without resolving the issue.

One of service advisors collected the car from me the last time and located the rattle. My arm rest was damaged and the vibration was causing the noise. No where near where I thought the rattle was nor the mechanics at Seat either. They replaced the entire arm rest unit and now the issue is dealt with.

The car has grown a new rattle however coming from the drivers door - next time its in for a service they can sort that one out as well.

Return to “Faults & Technical”