19" Alloys Swap

Buy and Sell from other members.
garythebong

19" Alloys Swap

Post by garythebong » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:42 pm

Hi taken delivery my new Ateca. Does anyone want to swap there 18" alloys for my top of the range machine alloys.

kee

Re: 19" Alloys Swap

Post by kee » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:15 pm

How come you're looking to swap? Seems like too good a deal?

Which 18s do you want, the Xcellence ones or the SE Tech ones?
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

stejones31

Post by stejones31 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:00 pm

Hi.

I'd be very interested. I'm due to collect a brand new Xcellence at the weekend with 18" performance alloys.

I've only just joined the forum and can't seem to PM you but if you're still interested, please PM me.

garythebong

Post by garythebong » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 pm

the excellence ones

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Confused :?
Are they not like a £700 extra..??
Why pay extra for them then swap them for standard ones??
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

jamesiow

Post by jamesiow » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:08 pm

You also going to have to buy new tyres as well - plus you have to tell your insurance company about the swap of alloys (change of size and all).
ATECA SE 1.0 Technology, Petrol, Manual, Samoa Orange, Park Assist, Convenience Pack, Top view camera with rear view camera, Electric Tailgate with Virtual Pedal & Keyless Entry.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 pm

Why would you need to tell your insurance company? 18" wheels are a standard Ateca fitting. You don't have to tell them you have opted for 19" wheels so what's the difference. If you fitted 20" wheels with huge tyres that would be different. I would assume the proposed wheel swap includes the tyres.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:58 pm

Fred99 wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:26 pm
Why would you need to tell your insurance company? 18" wheels are a standard Ateca fitting. You don't have to tell them you have opted for 19" wheels so what's the difference. If you fitted 20" wheels with huge tyres that would be different. I would assume the proposed wheel swap includes the tyres.
Some insurers throw a massive hissy-fit on anything that wasn't factory fitted - further still some even throw a wobbly if you don't declare factory fitted options (rare). The problem comes down to the ambiguity of "a modification is something that is not standard specification". What do they mean? Is standard the 'vanilla' spec as printed on the brochure (without options) or is standard whatever's in the brochure (options and all)?

Was doing some research on it for my wife's car where the dealer fitted some parking sensors (manufacturer authorised ones). Rang the insurance and they were fine - their general stance was anything that is manufacturer fit (either at factory or dealer) doesn't need to be declared.

Long story short - each insurer is wildly different; if you change something a quick 5 minute call to them to ask will sort it out. The more reputable insurers will probably be fine with it, especially if it's a listed option in the manufacturer catalogue, but some may try charging extra. Problem is you don't want to find out about that the wrong way.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Return to “For Sale / Wanted”