Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

19" Alloys Swap

6K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Etchings 
#1 ·
Hi taken delivery my new Ateca. Does anyone want to swap there 18" alloys for my top of the range machine alloys.

#2 ·
How come you're looking to swap? Seems like too good a deal?

Which 18s do you want, the Xcellence ones or the SE Tech ones?

#6 ·
You also going to have to buy new tyres as well - plus you have to tell your insurance company about the swap of alloys (change of size and all).

#7 ·
Why would you need to tell your insurance company? 18" wheels are a standard Ateca fitting. You don't have to tell them you have opted for 19" wheels so what's the difference. If you fitted 20" wheels with huge tyres that would be different. I would assume the proposed wheel swap includes the tyres.

#8 ·
Fred99 said:
Why would you need to tell your insurance company? 18" wheels are a standard Ateca fitting. You don't have to tell them you have opted for 19" wheels so what's the difference. If you fitted 20" wheels with huge tyres that would be different. I would assume the proposed wheel swap includes the tyres.
Some insurers throw a massive hissy-fit on anything that wasn't factory fitted - further still some even throw a wobbly if you don't declare factory fitted options (rare). The problem comes down to the ambiguity of "a modification is something that is not standard specification". What do they mean? Is standard the 'vanilla' spec as printed on the brochure (without options) or is standard whatever's in the brochure (options and all)?

Was doing some research on it for my wife's car where the dealer fitted some parking sensors (manufacturer authorised ones). Rang the insurance and they were fine - their general stance was anything that is manufacturer fit (either at factory or dealer) doesn't need to be declared.

Long story short - each insurer is wildly different; if you change something a quick 5 minute call to them to ask will sort it out. The more reputable insurers will probably be fine with it, especially if it's a listed option in the manufacturer catalogue, but some may try charging extra. Problem is you don't want to find out about that the wrong way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.