Cupra vs Standard Ateca

Cupra Ateca Chat, News, Reviews
Hayden mills

Cupra vs Standard Ateca

Post by Hayden mills » Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:39 am

Hi all,

Looking at getting an ateca after not owning one for a year or so,

Was looking at the xcellence lux with all the kit you can possibly have on the Ateca range but seem pricey compared to a 19 plate second hand cupra ateca

Is the cupra ateca as kitted out as the xcellence lux or have they left features off the cupra Ateca to make up for the better engine?

Is there any problems of issues I should look out for with a second hand one beings they have low mileage on them? 🤔

Thanks
Rejected--68 plate Ateca 1.5 Evo Manual
Xcellence Lux, Rhodium Grey

Paul.Cambs

Re: Cupra vs Standard Ateca

Post by Paul.Cambs » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:53 am

Not sure of the spec difference between the Ex Lux / Cupra, but I'd definitly test drive for ride

Mines 19" rims and for sure its on the firm side but I like the preciseness that comes with it.

Depending on what was on you 1.4 you may 19" a bit hard for day to day roads

Both the FR sport and Ex Lux come with 19" as does the Cupra, the FR and Ex are 18" - I'd try both 18" and 19" on roads you know/use before you part with cash - you could be living with the choice for a long time :-)

I think the general concensus is the 18" are the best compromise - shame you can't pick the rims anymore
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Hayden mills

Post by Hayden mills » Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:06 pm

Paul.Cambs wrote:
Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:53 am
Not sure of the spec difference between the Ex Lux / Cupra, but I'd definitly test drive for ride

Mines 19" rims and for sure its on the firm side but I like the preciseness that comes with it.

Depending on what was on you 1.4 you may 19" a bit hard for day to day roads

Both the FR sport and Ex Lux come with 19" as does the Cupra, the FR and Ex are 18" - I'd try both 18" and 19" on roads you know/use before you part with cash - you could be living with the choice for a long time :-)

I think the general concensus is the 18" are the best compromise - shame you can't pick the rims anymore
The 1.5 Evo I had was excellence lux and found some of the extra feature like top view camera etc useful,

Think that had 19" alloys and drove for 6 months so used to the firmer ride that the Ateca gives,

But seems like they want alot of money for a new 2.0 xcellence lux when you can pick up a cupra for the same price with low mileage, the only worry is have they selling with low mileage as it has problems with the car beings getting rid so soon

Cheers
Rejected--68 plate Ateca 1.5 Evo Manual
Xcellence Lux, Rhodium Grey

Katana

Post by Katana » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:08 pm

What you can't have on the current Cupra Ateca is a heated windscreen. Even the comfort and sound pack does not include this useful feature which my Ateca Excellence has. I don't quite understand Cupra's thinking in not providing this must have feature for UK winter's.

Katana

Post by Katana » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:19 pm

A low mileage Cupra Ateca makes a lot of sense if you really like high performace coupled with the practicalities of a high riding SUV. The stunning 300 ponies coupled with all wheel drive makes the Cupra Ateca one of the best, value for money buys out there. When my PCP ends next September I will be looking very closely at a low mileage Cupra Ateca rather than a new replacement Ateca Lux or FR.

nitrous

Post by nitrous » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:43 pm

I would *totally* go for a Cupra. My background (before family) is performance cars... But having had a "family SUV" with all the advantages, I wouldn't get a Cupra Ateca. Simply because of the availability of really useful options... Bye Bye boy-racer life... :-(