Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Cupra Ateca reveal

16K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Katana 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It looks awesome :eek: , think I better start saving now for when my pcp is up in a couple of years. I just watched them launch it live on a Facebook video :D

#3 ·
That rear end looks mean, not so keen on the front end though.

Hate the new badge, looks like a superhero logo :?

#4 ·
A few years back I would have absolutely been the target audience for this, not quite sure I'm understanding the logo myself.

Must be a challenge I am unaware off ie is this am attempt to appeal to a wider audience

#6 ·
stupra said:
No front LED foglamp's though, or am i missing something?
They look like LED DRL's so surely the headlights are LED?

LED's don't need headlight washers unlike xenon's though the standard Ateca's with LED's come with them so seems a strange one.

#7 ·
As I posted I realised you meant fog lights lol, but actually where are the headlight washers?

#8 ·
David_S said:
As I posted I realised you meant fog lights lol, but actually where are the headlight washers?
And following that I can now see them on the 2nd set of pictures but not the 1st! I'm guessing some are just prototypes and they don't fit everything?

Having a nightmare here lol

#9 ·
I can see them selling bucket-loads of these over here

#10 ·
David_S said:
David_S said:
And following that I can now see them on the 2nd set of pictures but not the 1st! I'm guessing some are just prototypes and they don't fit everything?

Headlight washers are an optional extra so it is not surprising that they are not fitted to the pre release cars. I have not got them as there is no need in the southern Spanish climate. We are praying for rain here as we have had almost none since May last year!

#11 ·
Fred99 said:
David_S said:
David_S said:

Headlight washers are an optional extra so it is not surprising that they are not fitted to the pre release cars. I have not got them as there is no need in the southern Spanish climate. We are praying for rain here as we have had almost none since May last year!
Bloody hell you can have some of ours, this has been one of the most miserable winters here that I've known for a long time!

The headlight washers come standard with LED lights here.

#12 ·
From www.parkers.co.uk -

"It's also worth noting that Cupras come with a four-year warranty instead of SEAT's three-year offering, and the price is inclusive of servicing and maintenance costs"

Very interesting piece and it makes the £35k starting price look rather good value in my opinion. By time you add in the extra years warranty and servicing costs it won't be that much more expensive than a 2.0 TDI 190.

#14 ·
Fred99 said:
David_S said:
They are part of the Winter Pack here.
And its the same in the UK! As i had an Xcellence that comes with the winter pack as standard i assumed they were standard. I'll get my facts right one day :roll: :lol:

#15 ·
Fred99 said:
David_S said:
They are part of the Winter Pack here.
Indeed, my SE Technology has LED headlights but no washer system, art of the optional Winter Pack, which I personally didn't require.

#16 ·
I like the look of the ATECA CUPRA. The 1.4 DSG that I have is a lively care which is quite quick in sport mode however The CUPRA version will be a very rapid SUV that will tick all ther boxes for me. Great practicallity with blistering performance. I will be taking a test drive as soon as it hits the showroom.

By the way.... one of the main advantages with having the winter pack and headlight washers system, is you gat a much larger capacity windscreen washer bottle that doesnr need refilling as often as the standared one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.