Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Here's my Cupra

24K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  schofier 
#1 ·
Thought i'd drop in and post some photos of my Cupra Ateca. Picked her up 5th Dec 2018 and love her to bits!
I had an Ateca Xcellence in Black Magic beforehand and traded it in for a fully loaded Black Cupra version.

Hope you like and please do not hesitate to ask anything if you have any questions on the new model. I was told I was possibly one of the first 5 in the country to register one. :D

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice C3ptik - looks the business.

Would be interesting to hear your initial driving thoughts about it ie have you found a favoured driving setting yet + how do you feel it corners, handles not so smooth roads etc.

Congrats on getting one already + long may you enjoy it 👍

#3 ·
Still in two minds over the copper wheels on the design pack,however against the black magic finish it works really well.
Would be interested in your thoughts on the standard seats.I really like the look of the buckets, but £1600 is a high cost option...
I think deals at this stage are few and far between,but did you manage anything over and above what's generally available?
Enjoy btw!

#4 ·
Looks really good I'm looking at getting rid of mine for one but am seeing what the dealer can come up with price wise.
Be interested in your actual fuel consumption and thoughts on the drive/ power delivery.
Did you get the sound pack as I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the quality of the sound

#5 ·
I have a set of these wheels in black from my other SEAT. I'm tempted to fit them to my humble Black Magic SE (black rails and mouldings) next spring. 35 profile tyres so I'll have to be careful. Might just fool someone but for me it's just a way to use up the OE Contis which I want to change for something like Mich PS4S (which are more suited to Cupras).

Car looks lovely btw.

#7 ·
Sorry but doesn't do anything for me. Seat Ateca is very compeditive, perhaps even still the best in it's market place, but if I'm spending that sort of money on a car it wouldn't even make my top 20. To these eyes, the Cupra just looks like any other Ateca who's owner spent a few hours in Halfords end of season sale. As for performance... it doesn't matter how much they fiddle with the engine and mechanics - you can't overcome gravity.

That said I saw a brand new red FR model in town this afternoon (an early Christmas present for someone no doubt) and I was equally unimpressed. Like the Cupra, there's nothing to break up the side profile therefore car looked taller but slimmer than other Atecas - proportions were all wrong to these eyes. To be honest I had to take a double take because I thought it was an Arona at first.

#8 ·
I agree with you. If I wished to spend near £40k there are a lot of options out there, especially if you up the price a bit.

As for the Fr, I can't see the point. Same performance as the others, no significant advantages apart from a naf badge which no one apart from a SEAT owner would recogise. As you say, without the black panels to break it up a bit it looks like a van, especially when it's a white one - that needs a MrWhippy sign on it!

#9 ·
I think it looks great. As a rule, I don't take comments seriously about what "I would spend £40K on" from people who obviously haven't got £40K to spend.

#11 ·
Looks great, enjoy. I'm thinking of ordering one, would love some feed back, had a reasonable test drive a few days ago, approx 50 mins, on a good selection of country roads A roads and duelcarrige way. Found it comfortable and fun to drive. Good sales man, was happy to let me give it some when safe to do so.

#12 ·
Thanks for the comments. Sorry to it took to a while to respond. Anyway, here goes...

Caster said:
Would be interesting to hear your initial driving thoughts about it ie have you found a favoured driving setting yet + how do you feel it corners, handles not so smooth roads etc.
I use the comfort mode around town and in my local area purely because there are a lot of speed bumps and frankly, sport or Cupra modes are really not necessary in 20-30mph speed zones. It swallows up the British roads nicely and the adaptive suspension helps ease the potholes and uneven surfaces.

A roads and motorway fun i'll shift it to Cupra mode, into manual and use the paddles. Holds the revs much longer and with the pops on left-off it always puts a smile on my face.

I haven't had the opportunity to really test it in the corners yet but i'm not pushing it too much at the moment as i'm still bedding everything in.

Billyray911 said:
Still in two minds over the copper wheels on the design pack,however against the black magic finish it works really well.
Would be interested in your thoughts on the standard seats.I really like the look of the buckets, but £1600 is a high cost option...
I think deals at this stage are few and far between,but did you manage anything over and above what's generally available?
Enjoy btw!
The buckets weren't actually an option when I bought this. I was actually informed by the dealer that the buckets were a European option only, then 2 weeks later they're available to spec on a UK variant. Not happy about that.
Still, the 'normal' seats are very comfortable and still have side bolsters to keep you in around the bends. I've heard the buckets provide less room in the back for passengers.

Not really a great deal in terms of offers as the one we took was due to be their demo car, so it's fully loaded.

Nikkijamie said:
Looks really good I'm looking at getting rid of mine for one but am seeing what the dealer can come up with price wise.
Be interested in your actual fuel consumption and thoughts on the drive/ power delivery.
Did you get the sound pack as I'd be interested to know your thoughts on the quality of the sound
Around town (popping to the shops 5 mins away) i'm getting about 20mpg. Longer motorway journeys with a bit of fun I've been seeing about 34mpg. If you drove it like a saint you'll see a return of high 30's. But, do you really opt for a Cupra Ateca if you're concerned about fuel economy? ;)

I did get the sound pack, yes.
One thing i'd mention...If you already have the SEAT Sound option in the Ateca, it's much bassier than the Beats Audion version in the Cupra. Quite disappointed in the Beats Audio option (I dislike Beats anyway). The subwoofer is more punchy than boomy thats for sure.
But it's OK.

felup said:
Very nice, where did you purchase if you don't mind me asking?
Purchased this one down in West Sussex

Golfmk56 said:
Sorry but doesn't do anything for me. Seat Ateca is very compeditive, perhaps even still the best in it's market place, but if I'm spending that sort of money on a car it wouldn't even make my top 20. To these eyes, the Cupra just looks like any other Ateca who's owner spent a few hours in Halfords end of season sale. As for performance... it doesn't matter how much they fiddle with the engine and mechanics - you can't overcome gravity.
See, now that's why I like it. I'm not a sheep so I like to look beyond what the mainstream of cars are available. After driving the Ateca for a couple of years I knew I liked the car, the styling, the ride and the comfort. I also knew the Cupra was on the way. When it first launched I, like many others, winced at the price. But then I started to look around to see what else was in the price range that matched the level of kit you get standard and, to be honest, there isn't much, if anything that ticks the boxes. Certainly not brand new anyway. A year or two older, sure.

I also love the fact that those that don't know what it is simply see it as a 'pimped up' Ateca...and I love that. The badge is a Marmite piece too, separating the crowds between the likes and dislikes. But it certainly gets some double-takes from both the young and older generations.
Why have something that everyone else has when you can do your homework, save some money and come away with something slightly out of the ordinary.
The latest Golf R model is a prime example. It was awesome when it was released but it was a wolf in sheep's clothing. But now, I see them literally everywhere, making them less unique and a tad (dare I say it), boring. :?

Fred99 said:
As for the Fr, I can't see the point. Same performance as the others, no significant advantages apart from a naf badge which no one apart from a SEAT owner would recogise. As you say, without the black panels to break it up a bit it looks like a van, especially when it's a white one - that needs a MrWhippy sign on it!
I do agree with this.
This is down to SEAT making the FR variants across its range merely a trim level. When it was a model, they went out of their way to spice things up a little and give the cars a little more to entice the consumer. Now it's a trim level only, it doesn't do much at all for the brand. Shame, really.

Loz said:
Looks great, enjoy. I'm thinking of ordering one, would love some feed back, had a reasonable test drive a few days ago, approx 50 mins, on a good selection of country roads A roads and duelcarrige way. Found it comfortable and fun to drive. Good sales man, was happy to let me give it some when safe to do so.
Let us know if/when you do! :)

#16 ·
C3eptik hope your still enjoying your car, thanks for the write up. Think I'll be placing an order in next couple of weeks. we (well my wife) all ready own a golf r, which if I'm lucky 😄 get to drive at weekends or when it needs washing 😕 which by the way is anything but boring to drive 😏 but I do know what you mean about seeing a lot around now. This is one reason I'm keen on the ateca, will only be getting sound and comfort pk as extra, and for that money, with the equipment and power, nothing else comes close in the SUV market.

#18 ·
So, just picked up mine today. Will probably have to have a play with the various settings.
Comfort setting is good for around town, but gear change is definitely on the eco side. Always seems to be a gear higher than I would choose.
Have you noticed much of an mpg difference in sports setting?

Lane assist will be turned off shortly. That's twice I've had a fight with it in just a few miles.

Any other settings suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.