Ridiculous registration process

Suggestions & Help using the Ateca Forum
Nicksxi

Ridiculous registration process

Post by Nicksxi » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:59 pm

Does anyone else think the level of security to register for this forum is a bit OTT.

For a start the instructions are wrong. Enter the UPPER CASE letters and then the word BEAM::
You need a space between. Which it doesn't say. Then you would expect to need the two :: but you don't!

I'm surprised most people don't give up. I'm just wondering what top secrets are on this site.... The nuclear launch codes perhaps.

Anyway. Moan over. Happy to be part of the forum. Great cars Atecas. Mine: Xcellence 190 4Drive

vectra

Re: Ridiculous registration process

Post by vectra » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:45 pm

Well, Looks like you got there in the end :lol: :lol:

Welcome and enjoy. 8-)
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

That Jeff

Post by That Jeff » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:06 am

When i put my details in a Red message came up which said something like "No soup for you, your e mail address has come up on our database as a Spammer , you are barred from trying for an hour :) . Sent an e mail to admin about it but no one got back to me so i thought one more try before i give up , left a space before "BEAM" and here i am :)
Ateca 1.4 Eco TSI SE Technology

Leslie Bailey

Post by Leslie Bailey » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm

Quite agree. Very amateurish. Need a school child to rewrite a simple reg routine.

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:07 pm

Leslie Bailey wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:49 pm
Quite agree. Very amateurish. Need a school child to rewrite a simple reg routine.
You need a username, password and email address to register.
As a final verification a simple test to ensure you are not a spammer / automated robot registering. In the background it checks against known spam IP, Username and Email lists.

Please explain how you find this amaterurish and I welcome suggestions on how you feel a school child should rewrite the process.

Leslie Bailey

Post by Leslie Bailey » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:54 pm

You would need to pay for my services.

boristhebold

Post by boristhebold » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm

I'm a luddite and I managed so it can't be that onerous

Paul.Cambs

Post by Paul.Cambs » Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:14 pm

its a typical system for sites like this, I had no issues registering and I was a sleep at the time :-)
'Samantha' is a Feb-2018 Samoa FR 2.0 TSi 4Drive DSG
19" Wheels | KESSY | Power Tailgate | Adaptive Cruise | Top View Camera | Seat Sound
Convenience Pack | Winter Pack | Advanced Comfort and Driving Plus Pack | Heated Front Screen

Tec

Post by Tec » Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:29 pm

In the scheme of things, I didn't find it hard to join or requiring me to contact gchq for assistance :lol: