New to SEAT - Ateca FR ordered

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
kee

Re: New to SEAT - Ateca FR ordered

Post by kee » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:22 pm

Joshin wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:36 pm
Unfortunately i ordered the 19" Excellence rims as an extra as i preferred them over the look of the FR 19"...
Interesting, didn't know these existed! Not in the UK at any rate
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Beermatt

Post by Beermatt » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:56 pm

U mean the optional 19" Xcellence rims Kee?

Will be great to see the FR pics when you've got your hands on it Joshin
2.0 TDi 190 DSG Xcellence, in Rhodium Grey and sitting on 19's.

Joshin

Post by Joshin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:13 pm

The 19" rims finally arrived and i picked the car up earlier today. I've only driven about 50km so far since i had to go back to work but this is my initial impressions:
  • The ride quality with 19" is very good in combination with the DCC. The testdrive vehicle i drove before i ordered had 18" and the ride quality is as far as i can remember very similar. I'll try and see if i can put the suspension in sport mode to see what it does, but it is in no way uncomfortable(although im yet to take any longer journey in it). The ride quality was probably my biggest concern and so far it seems to be a non issue for me.
  • Another concern of mine was the red stitching being over the top but seeing it in person i have to say it looks very good. I did not upgrade the seats as i prefer alcantara over leather and i am not regretting it. I do believe it is some kind of "sport seats" in the FR and i can't remember how the Xcellence seats felt for an comparison. The seats seem to be comfortable regardless.
  • The aluminium pedals look amazing and fits very well with the interior of the FR.
Sadly i'm not the best photographer so the few pictures i've taken so far hasn't come out that good. But i'll see if i can get some pictures up tonight after i've driven it a bit more. ;)

CyberGene

Post by CyberGene » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:49 pm

Congratualtions! Hopefully my FR will come in three months too but I wouldn't bet on that since mine will be with the heavily backordered 1.4 TSI :(
On order: SEAT Ateca FR 4DRIVE 1.4 TSI manual (Aug 30, Velvet Red, Sunroof, SEAT Sound, Blind Spot & Rear Cross Alert, ACC, 360-deg Cameras, Park Assist)
Currently: SEAT Leon mk3 SC FR 1.8 TSI manual
Previously: SEAT Leon mk2 Style 1.8 TSI manual

Joshin

Post by Joshin » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:05 pm

A few more kilometers driven and i'm really liking the car. The DSG feels smooth although i've never owned or driven any DSG vehicle before so i don't have much to compare with. Also, i do not know if this is fate or what but today i've seen probably five or six other Ateca's around town. Almost starting to become popular even here.

This is how the car turned out for anyone who's interested:

ateca.jpg

MrMirfak

Post by MrMirfak » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:50 pm

Gratulerar ehhh... Congrats to your new car. Looks great. Hopefully I will get mine in a couple of weeks.... counting the days.... and waiting for a call :)

Return to “Introductions”