Noslho

Re: Newbie Intro

Post by Noslho » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Etchings wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:09 am
Noslho wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:29 pm
Hi Etchings, I used WJ King in Bromley.

18 week delivery timescale but found them to be ok for service, keeping me informed and handover explanation etc so no complaints. I think Seat has a small service garage in Croydon so hoping to use that for maintenance as much closer to home.
Yep - haven't tried the Croydon outfit but am curious to see if anyone else has. Haven't read any horror stories, which is always a good start 8-). I've ended up sticking with Sidcup even though it's a real pig to get to with either London traffic on small A roads or M25 lunacy and the A20. When I had problems with my old SEAT they gave seriously impressive service so I've stayed put with them ever since - I have been tempted by the proximity of Croydon though!
Always worth the extra mileage to get the service you expect. Local convenience is over-rated if you have to keep going back to get service errors/problems corrected. If/when i use the Croydon outfit for my service i will give some feedback on it.

Cheers

Nos

Daibach1973

Post by Daibach1973 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi Noslho

I notice you mentioned that you added roof bars and a panoramic roof. Did you use SEAT own brand roof bars or your own bars? Out of interest, did you get these for a bike carrier or roof box?

I’ve just ordered my Ateca (awaiting build). I’m doing battle with SEAT and can’t get a straight answer out of them about whether I can fit my own universal roof bars and roof box to the Ateca with a pano roof.

It would seem they are now accepting that a roof box and bars is compatible with a Pano roof but I MUST buy SEAT own roof bars? Obviously at extra cost.

Any advice would be greatfully received.

Dave

tindle8topcliffe

Post by tindle8topcliffe » Sat May 19, 2018 9:51 am

I picked up my Ateca in March then went to Horton Seat accessories to buy the original seat roof bars. Worked out cheaper than Thule roof bars and foot pack and I must say the seat ones are really good and easy to fit. Put on in about 3 minutes, Seat use a T track system like Thule and most cycle carriers fit the seat roof bar. Whilst I paid around £160 for mine, they have been well worth it in my opinion. Depends if you want good quality or just cheaper alternatives which can become cumbersome to fit.
Lava blue manual 1.4 tsi FR. One engine, 6 wheels, four doors, a back door, disco lighting, cinema screen on dash board, hook at the back for additional passenger to hang onto. Picked up 1st March 2018 from dealer

Return to “Introductions”