Xcellence Lux Collected a week ago and love it

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
mysti77

Xcellence Lux Collected a week ago and love it

Post by mysti77 » Mon Mar 11, 2019 4:10 pm

I originally ordered an Xcellence in January but found I could afford the Lux as it wasn’t much more on 0% API. It was already in build when I ordered and was ready for me to collect end of February but I was away and decided to leave it the extra week to get the new 19 plate. Collected last week Saturday and so far I’ve not had any complaints with it. I think this colour looks so much better in real than the photos, which doesn’t do it justice!

D27E0D6B-DD75-4078-8D66-61256B62C45E.jpeg

Ateca 1.5 TSI EVO Xcellence Lux DSG - Rodium Grey (collected March 2019)

mr212

Re: Xcellence Lux Collected a week ago and love it

Post by mr212 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:08 am

Really really slick looking!

How is the drive in it? I take it from your lack of complaints that yours isn't effected by the kangarooing/dead spot in 1/2 gear?

mysti77

Post by mysti77 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Thank you. It is lovely to drive, I found the Arona I test drove had a lag between pressing accelerator and the car moving but this didn’t occur on the Ateca I test drove. I did worry after reading these posts but so far I’m not finding any unexpected jumpyness. If the car is “cold” and I need to take off quickly out of our street to the Main Street where cars tend to drive quickly and it’s busy I do have a little jolt sometimes but only when the car is cold. I am not sure if that is a fault or if it’s normal for a cold car?

I am finding my breaks are are squeaking a bit every now and then since it rained. It’s dried out now but still happening when I am breaking slowly. I’m going to ask the dealer if this is normal as the manual talks about breaking in the car/breaks etc.

silent ninja

Post by silent ninja » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Looks stupendous!

How are you finding the 19" alloys and drive jitteriness and comfort level?

mysti77

Post by mysti77 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:42 pm

To be honest I do not find it a bumpy ride at all but I’m comparing to my previous car. My previous car was a Ford Focus and the wheels are much smaller yet it was a much more bumpy ride. I don’t seem to have the issue of kangarooing but I am monitoring it in case it does start to happen. I’ve been trialing auto handbreak vs non auto handbreak and I can still take off quickly enough just a tiny fraction of a second difference it’s not really noticeable. I’ve also not had any rattling (interior rattling?) that I’ve heard some complain about

glenboy40

Post by glenboy40 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Looks very nice 👍🏼

Great colour, I have the same just the SE L, had it a week today, need bigger alloys though!
Ateca 1.0 TSI SE L Rhodium grey - Leather Seats, charging dock, Park assist, delivered 09/03/2019!!!

leWrat

Post by leWrat » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am

Great choice of car and colour!
The Rhodium grey looks slightly different in different light (which I like) and it shines up great with the proper care and stuff applied.

I find the ride fine, the adaptive cruise control works a treat and all the gadgets work well.
Only thing I'm slightly disappointed with is the mpg, but have only done 2500 miles so far so it may improve.
MY19 Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 in Rhodium Grey with spacesaver wheel.

mysti77

Post by mysti77 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:54 pm

leWrat wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:36 am
Great choice of car and colour!
The Rhodium grey looks slightly different in different light (which I like) and it shines up great with the proper care and stuff applied.

I find the ride fine, the adaptive cruise control works a treat and all the gadgets work well.
Only thing I'm slightly disappointed with is the mpg, but have only done 2500 miles so far so it may improve.
What mpg do you get and what type of driving? I’ve not tried the cruise control yet. I mainly do short local drives so only about 270 miles done and I’m getting 31mpg

mysti77

Post by mysti77 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:55 pm

glenboy40 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:59 pm
Looks very nice 👍🏼

Great colour, I have the same just the SE L, had it a week today, need bigger alloys though!
How are you finding it?

silent ninja

Post by silent ninja » Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:50 am

With a new car, measuring mpg until it clocks a couple of thousand miles is futile. Don't waste your time using a calculator. Just drive and enjoy. My general habit is to pay attention to the mpg once a month. It really doesn't pay to follow it diligently

Re the squeaky breaks, my BMW which was factory order also, had this in the first couple weeks. After that no squeaks. Probably just bedding in?

Return to “Introductions”