Another Ateca owner

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
plc

Another Ateca owner

Post by plc » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:19 am

Hi everyone. I have owned a white 2.0 TDI 190ps, xcellence trim with some additional options for 2 years now. I love the car for for it's looks and how it handles, but don't like it so much for being uncomfortable :) I know it's always a compromise between handling and comfort, but I guess I will continue my questions and observations in another part of the forum.
2.0 TDI, 190ps, xcellence, 19" wheels

Chop

Re: Another Ateca owner

Post by Chop » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Agreed. I think it is a very firm ride, probably not helped by the high recommended tyre pressures - especially on our pot-holed roads. I quite enjoy the car though and its other comforts. Very impressed with ACC; on a recent 200 mile motorway trip I only needed to manually depress the brake pedal once.
2.0 TSI Xcellence in Rhodium Grey, 2020 spec, spare wheel and panoramic roof.

Pantelos

Re: Another Ateca owner from Greece

Post by Pantelos » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi everybody. I have owned a White one 1.0 115 ps before 3 months. Iam from Greece. Iam glade to be with you. I have an issue so somebody lets guide me in which part of forum i Can make a lost. I want to change my halogen headlights with full Led. Iam trying to find what else i Will need except headlights. Thanks.

Billyt

Re:tyre pressure Another Ateca owner

Post by Billyt » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:55 pm

Just taken delivery of new Azteca SE tech petrol on 18 inch wheels from main dealer.
Driving home the suspension seemed to thump over ever road imperfection and definitely stiffer than test drive car.
checked tyre pressure and all four tyres were reading 40 Psi.
Reset to 34Psi mid range recommended and distinct improvement
Will be trying 32 and 36 Psi in the future but why were they inflated to 40 Psi on a new vehicle.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:23 pm

This is a common problem. The cars are shipped from the factory with tyre pressures deliberately set high in case the spend months in one place.

The selling dealer should correct this before delivery. Often they do not which basically indicates that they are crap dealers who have no regard for their responsibilities to deliver a car that has been fully checked.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Bulatliadon

Post by Bulatliadon » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi everyone,
I am new in Seat world, just bought Ateca 2.0tdi 190hp, FR 4drive with ACC, digital dashboard and wireless phone charger in black metallic color.
Have one question for everyone.
I have a sign on my boot FR and 4drive, everything looks like on pictures on the web beside I don’t have 4drive sign on my DSG.
Please tell me is this normal or what, I drove my car 5 days ago from the saloon.
Thanks for your answers.

Fred99

Post by Fred99 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:55 pm

I don’t think they ever put a DSG sign on any of the cars.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

Damoire

Post by Damoire » Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:06 pm

Bulatliadon wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:29 pm
Hi everyone,
I am new in Seat world, just bought Ateca 2.0tdi 190hp, FR 4drive with ACC, digital dashboard and wireless phone charger in black metallic color.
Have one question for everyone.
I have a sign on my boot FR and 4drive, everything looks like on pictures on the web beside I don’t have 4drive sign on my DSG.
Please tell me is this normal or what, I drove my car 5 days ago from the saloon.
Thanks for your answers.
Hi Bulatliadon,

Welcome to the Seat world. If your question is does there be a 4drive sign on the dsg gear selector then the answer is no.

Enjoy exploring the car.

D.