New FR sport boot question!

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Onecarefulowner

New FR sport boot question!

Post by Onecarefulowner » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 am

Hello,

I’m new here! So hello!

I’ve just picked up my brand new FR Sport Ateca and I love it! But can’t figure out the electronic boot closure as it says in the manual. How do I know if it has the functionality? Does it come as standard on the new models?

Tried waving my foot under it like a lunatic, much to the amusement of my neighbours! But no luck!

Any tips?

vectra

Re: New FR sport boot question!

Post by vectra » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:18 am

on your key fob, if it has 3 buttons. Press and hold the center one for a few seconds and the tailgate should open.
There should be a button on the dash as well for this.
I am sure if you open the tailgate as per normal you would see it opens differently to a notmal one and should make a beeping sound.
When it is open you should see a square button along the edge to the righ of the tailgate to press and close.
MY19 Ateca FR 1.5Tsi DSG Velvet red, Digital cockpit, Beats audio, Winter pack, Leather, adaptive cruise, Electric boot, Kessy, Lane assist, Connectivity box, Alarm, Kessy, Rear view Camera. 8-)

Johnny B

Re: New FR sport boot question!

Post by Johnny B » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:28 pm

Onecarefulowner wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:31 am
Hello,

I’m new here! So hello!

I’ve just picked up my brand new FR Sport Ateca and I love it! But can’t figure out the electronic boot closure as it says in the manual. How do I know if it has the functionality? Does it come as standard on the new models?

Tried waving my foot under it like a lunatic, much to the amusement of my neighbours! But no luck!

Any tips?
I think it depends where in the world you're buying your Ateca, but in the UK, the facelift FR Sport doesn't come with an auto tailgate.... only the Xperience Lux
2021 Black Magic Xperience Lux 2.0 TSI 4 Drive - Ordered 8/12/20 (Week 50) - Built 6/4/21 - Est Del. 17/5/21