Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

New to the forum

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Retser 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I've just joined as I'm seriously considering changing to an Ateca in the next 6-12 months. Forums are usually a good place to find out the foibles of a car so apologies if I ask lots of questions!

Phil

#5 ·
Welcome! Plenty of questions have been asked before, but search is a bit hit-and-miss so don't worry about asking if you can't find it already discussed! :)

Fire away!

#6 ·
Welcome. The search function here is a little hit n miss, but feel free to ask.

To kick off the discussion, what are your main criteria for your next car that's making you consider the Ateca? Whilst it is a great car, there are pros and cons like everything in life!

#7 ·
Thanks everyone. Nice to see it's a friendly forum, which I can't say the same about some of the forums for my current car (golf GTD).

To answer your question Kee, I want a bigger boot but I'm not a big fan of estate and saloon cars. Plus I find the Tiguan really boring and, no offense if anyone owns one, the kind of car I'd expect my dad to buy. The Ateca looks nice, comes in some cracking colours and seems a great price. I'm also looking to switch from diesel to petrol as well as keep something semi sporty and I've read the Ateca isn't bad through the corners for a crossover.

I should also add I work as a chemist in the valeting section for a UK car care company, so I always find it interesting to hear what people use to clean and detail their cars and why they use a particular brand.

#8 ·
Sounds like an SUV is right up your street as you've already figured out. The key thing is to have a look and test drive a few of the leading models right now. Eg 3008, X1, Skoda Karoq and Ateca of course!

#10 ·
It's almost 3 months and 2500 miles since I took delivery of my 1.4TSI Excellence in the basic Mediteranean blue, and generally I'm very satisfied. I've had diesels for the past 20 years and do miss the extra torque. Although my Ateca goes well on the flat, I still get caught out on anything much more than a slight incline where it's necessary to drop down a gear or two. The gearchange itself can also sometimes be a little vague, but that could be me. The fuel consumption, (according to the display), varies betwwen 40 - 48 mpg depending on my useage. It's a nice car to drive and quieter than my previous RAV 4 D4D. My passengers have said that it is also more comfortable to travel in. I personally would have preferred the 17 inch wheels which unfortunately aren't an option on this spec. On the subject of wheels, in my ignorance I didn't order the spare wheel, so I only have the repair kit. I didn't realise that this is only an emergency 'get you off the road' solution and that once used your tyre is scrap as it cannot be repaired once the sealant, (which it'self has a limited storage life), has been used. Also there is no jack supplied with the car. Although it's over 20 years since my last puncture, I haven't felt confident about not having a more permanent backup. Ironically I found a screw in one of my front tyres yesterday, so I'm off to get it removed and if necessary repaired before it catches me out! I don't know if I should order the emergency wheel and jack or alternatively buy a full size wheel and tyre. The only other issue I have had is the pedestrian warning system. This activated itself several times whilst driving around narrow country lanes in Devon. I thought initially that I'd got a fault until I'd studied the manual. It can be quite disturbing if you don't know what is happening. SEAT recommend that you leave it activated but I have been tempted to turn it off.

#11 ·
Welcome to Ateca forum. Hope you would not have to wait for 12 long months. Hope you change to an ateca in no more than 6 months.
Ask as many questions you want. We all would be happy to answer your questions if we can. But remember, don't be ignorant to read while you are suffering around the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.