New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
pgb

Post by pgb » Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm

I ordered an Ateca in mid-June with an estimated delivery in mid-November.

XCELLENCE 1.4 EcoTSI with DSG-auto in Nevada White
with Panoramic Sunroof, XCELLENCE Pack, Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus2 and Navigation System Plus including SEAT Sound.

I am keen to hear from anyone owning a similar spec or options for feedback and advice.

LoftheM

Re: Newbie

Post by LoftheM » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:43 pm

Still waiting for mine but wanted to say "welcome" :-)
1.4 TSI SE Rhodium Grey, winter pack, sat nav, heated windscreen & convenience pack, rear view camera and space saving wheel :D.

Dadofett

Post by Dadofett » Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:47 pm

I have the same but not as many extras but I love it. I do have the 19" wheels and it handles like a dream. The dsg gearbox is smooth and doesn't get confused like my ford S-max use to do.
ateca xcellence 1.4 ecotsi 150ps DSG Nevada white.

kee

Post by kee » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Brilliant spec, only point of personal preference is that I wasn't a fan of the xcellence alloys
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

tobydog

Post by tobydog » Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:36 am

At first I wanted the SE Tech wheels with the Xcellence but, as we all know, that can't happen in the UK. Now that I have the car, I think the 18" Performance wheels are the dogs wotnots and the best of the choice. They work so well with the Rhodium Grey. On the subject of colour, if anyone has ordered the grey and is having doubts, you shouldn't. It works so well with the car. It's a lovely dark blue grey that appears more blue as the light fades.
Ordered March 20, 2017: 1.4TSI Excellence manual in Rodium Grey. Extras - heated screen, SEAT Sound / Spare Wheel. Delivered and picked up on June 22, 2017 :D

LoftheM

Post by LoftheM » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:03 am

tobydog wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:36 am
At first I wanted the SE Tech wheels with the Xcellence but, as we all know, that can't happen in the UK. Now that I have the car, I think the 18" Performance wheels are the dogs wotnots and the best of the choice. They work so well with the Rhodium Grey. On the subject of colour, if anyone has ordered the grey and is having doubts, you shouldn't. It works so well with the car. It's a lovely dark blue grey that appears more blue as the light fades.
Pleased to hear that about the grey. Admittedly I chose grey moreso for practical reasons, although I did really like it on the car I test drove. After seeing pics of the lava blue I've been doubting my choice. It looked nothing special in the show room, which swayed me towards the grey.
1.4 TSI SE Rhodium Grey, winter pack, sat nav, heated windscreen & convenience pack, rear view camera and space saving wheel :D.

pgb

Re: Newbie - Got my car's build Data

Post by pgb » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:38 am

I ordered my Ateca in mid-June and given an initial estimated delivery of mid-November.

Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to be told it is to be built in week 31—i.e. in three weeks— which means delivery is likely to be in late August to early September.

:D

pgb

Re: Newbie - 19" Alloy Wheels

Post by pgb » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:02 am

I too, and especially my wife, liked the 19” alloy wheels, but a couple of on-line reviewers suggested anything over 18” tyres—on the 2 wheel-drive with the semi-rigid rear axle—would compromise ride quality.

Hence my staying with the XCELLENCE’s standard 18" wheels.

ps5108

Re: Newbie - Got my car's build Data

Post by ps5108 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:30 am

pgb wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:38 am
I ordered my Ateca in mid-June and given an initial estimated delivery of mid-November.

Yesterday, I was pleasantly surprised to be told it is to be built in week 31—i.e. in three weeks— which means delivery is likely to be in late August to early September.

:D
Welcome to the forum 'pgb', it's a very friendly and helpful place !

Interested to read about your delivery date, that's a major topic on this forum (bit of an understatement :lol: )

Some of the other replies you've had refer to the choice of wheels. For what it's worth, I've sourced myself a set of new Excellence wheels to replace the bi-colour ones when I get mine (when.......??). Glad to read another member thinks they're the dogs wot-nots !!

Enjoy following the posts while you wait for yours.
Ordered on the 9th of May: SE Technology 1.4 150 DSG, Bila White. Extras: Spare Wheel, Tinted Rear Windows, Double Floor, Heated Windscreen, Mud Flaps and Convenience Pack. No confirmed build date after 3 months, so order cancelled :(

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:53 am

Welcome!

Very high spec choices - I wanted the advanced comfort and driving pack too, but sadly I wanted a manual more :) You'll have to tell us how you get on with the Traffic Jam Assist!

On the other options - make sure they take you through the virtual pedal for the boot. Most folk get on with it but there's been a few questions on it in the past and there is a knack to do with where the sensors are placed (but it's pretty easy once you know how). And for the SEAT Sound; again folks like it - if the centre speaker sounds feint then you can adjust levels in the car setup - it's one of those get the initial setup just right then forget :)

All in all a very good car though (STILL waiting for mine).
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Return to “Introductions”