How much longer must I wait

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Graham B

How much longer must I wait

Post by Graham B » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:11 pm

I ordered an Areca 1.4 petrol Xcellence on 13th March 2017. I was given a provisional build of first week in June, but now 3 weeks after that there is still no confirmed build date and Seat UK are already talking compensation
Ordered 1.4 TSI Xcellence with heated front screen and panoramic sun roof in Rodium Grey. DELIVERED 12 SEPT FINALLY

Fred99

Re: How much longer must I wait

Post by Fred99 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:15 pm

I waited 6 months and there was never any suggestion of compensation. The reality is that lead times on the Ateca across all markets are at least 6 months. If you get less than that, then just consider yourself lucky you didn't have to wait 6 months.
1.4TSI DSG Xcellence delivered 2/3/17 after 6 months wait. Brilliant Silver. 18" machined alloys. Park Assist. 360º cameras. Power boot. All driver assists. Alcantara. SEAT sound.

LoftheM

Post by LoftheM » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:35 pm

I've been given dates but I'm taking it with a pinch of salt tbh.

Did you order a tow bar? I was told that would add a further 9 weeks
1.4 TSI SE Rhodium Grey, winter pack, sat nav, heated windscreen & convenience pack, rear view camera and space saving wheel :D.

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:40 pm

I seriously can't get my head around how the SEAT marketing system works. All this talk of build dates etc and those emails I received to say the car was built and awaiting transportation etc... To put in in it's proper context - it's bollocks !!! It's all sales marketing nonsense.

WHO ACTUALLY CARES ? (about 0.5% of the buyers probably )

99.5% of people order a car and then want to know when they can collect it. That's all that matters - most people couldn't care less when the car has a build date, or production slot or whatever else - it just doesn't matter. And the contract is between the buyer and the seller (normally supplying dealership) so I'm scratching my head wondering why SEAT are talking compensation because the contract has nothing to do with SEAT. And even if it did, why compensate BEFORE a delivery date has been agreed / passed? It makes no sense.

I really wish I could work out what's going on, but SEAT seem to be digging an unecessary hole for themselves - I reckon it's a marketing gimmick gone wrong.

Graham B

Post by Graham B » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:31 pm

The car is on a 3 year lease deal direct with Seat UK. It doesn't have a tow bar but does have a heated windscreen and panoramic roof in Rodium Grey. I hope that it comes with the new LED fog lights. A senior Cust. Serve. Agent offered some sort of compo. if the car is not delivered by the 1st week in August 2 weeks ago. I just want my new car!!!
Ordered 1.4 TSI Xcellence with heated front screen and panoramic sun roof in Rodium Grey. DELIVERED 12 SEPT FINALLY

Woody

Post by Woody » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:16 pm

WE ordered on the 12th March and collected on the 15th June. As you can see in the signature we also added lots of extras....towbar, sunroof, 1.4 petrol engine, non of which effected the expected delivery/waiting times. Can't understand why some people in the UK have to wait longer than others, it's not because of the spec ordered, not in our case any way. Hope you get some good news soon.
Ateca 1.4 TSI Xcellence in Reflex Silver, Panoramic sunroof, Towbar, Heated Windscreen, Double boot floor, Space Saver Wheel, Xcellence pack and Driving assistance pack 2. Ordered 12th March, built week 21 collected 15th June. :D

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:34 pm

Woody wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:16 pm
WE ordered on the 12th March and collected on the 15th June. As you can see in the signature we also added lots of extras....towbar, sunroof, 1.4 petrol engine, non of which effected the expected delivery/waiting times. Can't understand why some people in the UK have to wait longer than others, it's not because of the spec ordered, not in our case any way. Hope you get some good news soon.
Yeah, complete lottery really - ordered mine before you, similar spec to you perhaps with a few less bells and whistles and still waiting for it to be built (hopefully this week, but may change said my dealer!).

I remember some time ago a brief discussion about dealers getting so many build slots - so maybe Seat are rationing the slots and I'm unlucky in my choice of dealer? As is Graham. Then again, that could be a load of hogwash too!
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Cristi

Post by Cristi » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:22 am

Hi guys! I also placed my order on 13th of March and have no info regarding any build date or estimated delivery. Initially i was told to expect delivery around week 28 which is long past. I ordered the 1.4TSI DSG 4drive Xcellence with some extras. I guess there is something in the option list that is delaying the production. Do you have any recent info from your dealer? Do you expect to have the car in the following weeks ?

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:39 am

Well, I'm 'lucky' in so much as mine is now in the UK - but my dealer wasn't being given accurate information. I ended up chasing SEAT every week or two for an update to keep a close eye on progress and told my dealer when it had left the factory! (Only once it had arrived in the UK did he have a better update than me).

SO... if your dealer isn't giving you any information (despite promises of weekly updates from mine, even if no progress, I didn't get them) then the best route is ring SEAT customer services direct. They have access to the same information as your dealer and can tell you the progress.

If it was due for week 28 then it is likely to have been built by now - the factory had its shutdown just before that period so it may have been a week 29 build, but that's 2-3 weeks ago now. Again, customer services can give you an update - just call and ask (Monday-Friday 9am - 4:30pm - the folks that can access the system with production details go home at 5pm).

SEAT UK customer details can be found here: http://www.seat.co.uk/contact-us.html
SEAT UK customer telephone number is: 0808 522 2222
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Welshman

Post by Welshman » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:28 am

It is a sad indictment to the SEAT company with the lack of self-initiated feedback and information from both SEAT command and SEAT sales-teams UK wide. Why should one have to ask for information; it should be emailed or sent by text as in a "Track your package" methodology used by so many online sales companies.
The truth is that they know they have you by the "b****" and could care little about customer service if they have your order, your money and the knowledge that this is the norm for most car companies, then what hope is there?
I do not follow how a month's break in Spain affects the Czech Republic; is is in the supply of parts etc? Is this another ploy by SEAT to cover themselves for poor P.R. and customer relations. The lead time norm in U.S.A. is 5-8 weeks, in Europe, it's 13 weeks, if you buy from an Asian source, 6,000 miles away, then the lead time id 7-9 weeks. SEAT 's lead time seems to be 13 - 27 weeks - dismal!
I wish that someone in SEAT could read the posts within this forum; they would, if they paid attention, learn soooooooo much about problems, opinions, complaints and, of course, praise. The complaint about the accumulation of dirt in the rear door seems to have been corrected by the use of a different seal. One less worry! The reputation of SEAT could be so enhanced by better customer relations, for they do not want by word of mouth comments to be "Yes, it's a great car, but be prepared for an absence of information, huge lead times and poor customer relations". SEAT need a new strategy and a new Sales Planning and Distribution Management Team, for the current ones are failing. If the Sales Executive of my dealership is right and is not supplying me with platitudes, a June 4th order resulting i delivery time in the 1st week of October (a supposed promise!) is 16 - 17 weeks; many of our membership are/ have been waiting double or even treble this time.
Come on SEAT - WAKE UP!
Amazon ships an average of 608 million packages each year, which equates to (an estimated) 1,600,000 packages a day. About 50% of these have tracking numbers to which the customer can refer as to the progress of their valuables from manufacturer/source to doorstep. With what would a SEAT customer be happy? Order placed > Order with Manufacturer > Estimated Build Date > Being built > Awaiting shipping > Being shipped > Estimated time to port > Arrival at Port > Being transported to Dealership > Arrival at Dealership > Available for collection from. Would this be so hard to accomplish? This data exists in the servers of SEAT; why not make it available to customers?

Return to “Introductions”