Newbie Intro

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Noslho

Newbie Intro

Post by Noslho » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:58 am

Hi All,

Picked up my new Ateca (1.4 Eco TSI Xellence in Reflex Silver) on Wednesday and only just discovered this forum.

I live in Purley, Suurey, UK. Married, no kids and work for a bank in London - ok, boring stuff over now on to the important subject matter.

Only had the opportunity to put a few miles under the Ateca's wheels since I collected it but absolutely delighted with it. Had a Vauxhall Zafira A (non-inflammable one!) from new for the last 17 years so the Ateca is like the starship Enterprise in comparison with its technology. As a 50+ year old luddite, i may need some help from the knowledgable forum members (or just find anyone under the age of 9 who all seem to know this stuff automatically) to assist me from time to time.

Extras i added were roof bars, front fog light and grille trim, panoramic roof, electric tailgate, tow bar, heated windscreen, park assist, double boot floor and mud flaps.

Off to have a further play with it now :D

Cheers

Nos

Accord2Ateca

Re: Newbie Intro

Post by Accord2Ateca » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:27 am

Welcome to the forum (from one 50+ to another)! It is a great car. The only problem I've had with it so far is that my local car wash charged me a £1 more because it was a "big car". Still, £1 for its annual car wash isn't going to make much difference ;)

A2A
Ateca Xcellence 1.4 TSI, Lava Blue, with Top View Camera & Electric Tailgate/Virtual Pedal. Ordered 24 April. Confirmed Build week 25 (19 June), Left Factory 20 June, at Port of Tyne 6 July, arrived Inverness dealer 11th July. Collected 17 July

Saggy

Post by Saggy » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:34 am

Welcome to the form Nos
Red Xcellence 18" 190 4wd DSG Heated windscreen, Tail foot wiggle, SEAT sound, Park Assist I still don't use....

LoftheM

Post by LoftheM » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:16 am

Hi and welcome :-)

Don't worry there are lots of knowleable people on here to help out.

The ateca will be my first car that's got all the mod cons so I'll probably be dragging my 12 year old into the car to help me with the techy phone/informatainment stuff.
1.4 TSI SE Rhodium Grey, winter pack, sat nav, heated windscreen & convenience pack, rear view camera and space saving wheel :D.

Noslho

Post by Noslho » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:36 pm

Thanks all for the warm welcome.

Have managed to sort out how to load a few destinations into the Sat Nav and how to use my ipod with it. Initially concerned that i couldn't see how to use the Sat Nav and the radio at the same time but sussed it now.

Only up to page 30 of the manual so should have fully read that by,oh?, Christmas i guess.

Cheers

Nos

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Welcome to the forums!

Out of curiosity, which dealers did you use? You're round my neck of the woods where SEAT dealer coverage is a little sparse! (Did not experience great service from Bromley in the past, but Sidcup have been brilliant; other option is Crawley, but not tried them so far).

I've seen a black Ateca on one occasion, and now found a white one too - watch out for the Rodium Grey one due on the roads 1st of Sept (mine 8-)).
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Noslho

Post by Noslho » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi Etchings, I used WJ King in Bromley.

18 week delivery timescale but found them to be ok for service, keeping me informed and handover explanation etc so no complaints. I think Seat has a small service garage in Croydon so hoping to use that for maintenance as much closer to home.

kee

Post by kee » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:52 pm

Hi Nos, nice to welcome a fellow Londoner. I have friends in Purley, Carshalton, Sutton, etc so have a decent knowledge of the area. I personally live north of the river these days, but may yet move back for the "forever" home!
Ordered 22/4; BW 22; collected 25/6! 1.4 SE-T DSG, Bila, s/roof, pwr boot, lower grill, rear cam, park assist, boot flr, conv pack, disco leds, tinted rears

i.e. an Xcellence with nicer wheels and minus the "old man" leather (per my missus)

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:09 am

Noslho wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:29 pm
Hi Etchings, I used WJ King in Bromley.

18 week delivery timescale but found them to be ok for service, keeping me informed and handover explanation etc so no complaints. I think Seat has a small service garage in Croydon so hoping to use that for maintenance as much closer to home.
Yep - haven't tried the Croydon outfit but am curious to see if anyone else has. Haven't read any horror stories, which is always a good start 8-). I've ended up sticking with Sidcup even though it's a real pig to get to with either London traffic on small A roads or M25 lunacy and the A20. When I had problems with my old SEAT they gave seriously impressive service so I've stayed put with them ever since - I have been tempted by the proximity of Croydon though!
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Noslho

Post by Noslho » Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:31 pm

kee wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:52 pm
Hi Nos, nice to welcome a fellow Londoner. I have friends in Purley, Carshalton, Sutton, etc so have a decent knowledge of the area. I personally live north of the river these days, but may yet move back for the "forever" home!
Hi Kee,

Thanks for the greeting. Would appear that we have done a swap, as I was born north of the river (Islington) and have ended up down south. Went to school in Hackbridge and Sutton.

Cheers

Nos

Return to “Introductions”