Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Hello from Serbia

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Vuk1987 
#1 ·
Hello just wanted to say hi and thnx for all the lovely advice and content on this forum. I am not from the UK but this forum is the first I stumbled upon and so far has helped me with my order.

Ordered 3 weeks ago a 1.4 TSI 7speed DSG Ateca in the Style equipment package. That is how they call it here in Serbia. They had no Excellence trim level for the 1.4 TSI only for the disels and since I don't do many miles per year the petrol was a clear choice for me. So far had owned only petrol engines.

After we got our second kid which now has 3 months and first has 3 years both wife and I decided that we need to ditch our Opel Astra H hatch and go for something bigger. We tried the Tiguan and the Mazda CX-5 before trying the Ateca. Tiguan was nice definitely the biggest of all 3 in terms of practicality yet not the longest in size. The Mazda was the worst, great drive but in terms of space is the smallest out of the 3 yet the longest in size... Finally we tried the Ateca. It was a great drive, wife liked it especially since the dsg was much more affordable then both the Tiguan and Mazda versions and is the smallest in size out of the 3, yet giving more then enough space for our family.

Since Excellence trim was not available with 1.4 TSI DSG we wen't with the first trim level below which is Style and from what I understand is the same as SE in UK, only that for our market they don't give you the 8" media as default on the Style but the 5" media. Spare wheel is included by default as are the chrome details on windows and on the roof bars. Basically it is a mix between SE and SE Tech but without LED headlights and 18" alloys. As for the color I was changing my mind between Cappucino Beige and Lava Blue for a few days but in the end I made up my mind and went with the Lava Blue. I have seen a few pictures on the internet and on the forum. Looks awesome in the sun. Too bad they couldn't show me one at the dealership apart the color samples, but never mind I am happy with what I saw online. In the end this is what I added:

Seat Ateca 1.4 TSI DSG Style Lava Blue with additional equipment:

- Rear camera
- Parking Assistant for wife :) to be honest I only took it because of the front sensors which you get with the assistant
- Seat Full Link
- Navigation system with 8" media
- Convenience Pack
- Panorama roof - we have seen it live in the dealership and my 3 year old daughter loved it!
- Full LED lights - this added extra was the most expensive one around 1094 euros... But after the dealer showed me both Atecas with and without I was sold...
- Black Alcantara seats which really look amazing and give another class to the interior dimension of the car :)

The only bummer is the wait now which is about 5-6 months. Still waiting confirmation of the build week. Also for our market they don't even give the option to pay for an adjustable boot floor but never mind I guess I will have to live without it. For now I'll keep reading the forum and happily await my Ateca. :)

See less See more
#3 ·
Congratulations on making the order - hopefully the waiting game won't be too long (the 1.4 TSi engine will most likely be the cause of a long delay, but having gotten mine it is definitely worth the wait - even if it takes a little longer!).

I saw lava blue in the flesh when I went to pick up my Ateca and I do love it - my wife saw it too and decided she doesn't like it, but she likes the grey (so I made the 'correct' choice when ordering - I do prefer the blue having seen it though! :mrgreen:). And yes, LED lights really are fantastic - pricey option to be sure, but they're just so much better :cool:.

#5 ·
@ CyberGene thnx neighbor :D

@ Etchings yes so far I have red that there is a delay with the 1.4 TSI engine but the dealer also told me that they way they make is that they say one week lets now make this engine with DSG, next week lets do only cars with panoramic roof and so on... I am guessing that maybe the panoramic roof puts me in a closer space for the build week, or maybe I am just dreaming :). In our dealership there was no Lava blue to be seen in flesh neither the cappucino beige although the dealer said that he sold a few cappucino beige cars and that they look awesome paired with darker rims. I am just throwing myself with the color since I am pretty much bored of my last 2 white cars. White was definitely a NO NO for me.

@ LoftheM thank you!

#7 ·
Thnx Fuji! My regards to Scotland :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.