My new Ateca

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Benwantshisateca

My new Ateca

Post by Benwantshisateca » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:22 pm

So just a bit about myself:

I’m 28, an emergency Medicine doctor, and I commute an eighty mile round trip for work each day. I was previously doing this in a GT86 which was ruining my back and my wallet.

My I picked up my ateca on Monday, and so far I am hugely impressed by it. Here’s my views on the different aspects of the car:

- 1.4 tsi dsg... 👌 I’ve never owned an automatic before, but have driven them on occasions. This engine is faultless. I am amazed at how much the car shifts when you plant your foot. Massively impressed!

- 19” wheels look awesome, I don’t care what people say about losing ride comfort, it’s far smoother than the GT86, and the wheels really set the car off nicely.

- seat sound, I’m a bit of an addict to music, any sort, so sound quality is a must for me. For a non big-brand sound pack it is mighty

- virtual pedal tailgate... hmmmm... first flaw I think. It’s a little intermittent and it’s just easier to have the key in your hand and use the fob to open the boot. I guess I couldn’t have had the electric tailgate without the pretend pedal.

- infotainment system lives up to expectations and wins hands down. Love apple car play!

- top view camera, not the best quality picture but it is such a help for manoeuvring what feels like a bus compared to your previous car. Worth the money I’d say! However you will find yourself becoming a little OCD getting the perfect position within a parking space.

If you haven’t guessed, I’m so impressed. It was definitely worth the 5 month wait. So far I’ve done over 400 miles as I did a trip to London on Wednesday, averaging 45mpg so far. I’ve left it on eco, yes you need to plant your foot to get proper power, but as long as your aware of that it doesn’t really affect your driving.
Rhodium grey xcellence 1.4 dsg, seat sound, heated windscreen, electric tailgate, 19" alloys

Dadofett

Re: My new Ateca

Post by Dadofett » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Glad your enjoying you Ateca. I've had mine a few months now and just love everything about it. My wife and I fight over who gets to drive :lol:
Sat nav works well and on a trip from Essex to Tamworth it re-routed me twice to avoid major traffic jams.
I have the standard sound system and I think it's bang on :lol:
ateca xcellence 1.4 ecotsi 150ps DSG Nevada white.

Benwantshisateca

Post by Benwantshisateca » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Still waiting for my satnav SD card...

Meant to put in there that my protection pack, mud flaps and rear sill protective trim hadn’t been ordered, and SD cards “always come after the car” according to the dealer. Taking it in Saturday morning to get it all sorted though 👍
Rhodium grey xcellence 1.4 dsg, seat sound, heated windscreen, electric tailgate, 19" alloys

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:18 am

Turn off ECO and pretend it doesn't exist. You'll get the same economy from 'Normal' without having to stick your foot through the floor to make it accelerate!
(Wife's car) 2018 Xcellence 1.4TSi; Samoa Orange; heated screen; spacesaver; advanced driving pack; double floor

Tet70

Post by Tet70 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 am

Wookiee wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:18 am
Turn off ECO and pretend it doesn't exist. You'll get the same economy from 'Normal' without having to stick your foot through the floor to make it accelerate!
No you don't, at least on some driving environments. If you can use the coasting extensively, you get much better MPG. And the coasting is only available in ECO mode. Of course, you can push the stick to 'N' to get coasting in other modes, but what's the point when you can do it by just lifting your foot when using the ECO mode.
Jungle Green 1.4 TSI 4Drive DSG Style + quite a lot of extras. Delivered in less than 8 months. :roll:

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:01 pm

In my non-DSG 1.4TSi I've been consistently getting 46.8mpg in ECO and about 41-43 in normal when cruising up and down the motorway, however that might be more to do with the fact my wife likes to whack up the heat and ECO reins in the Climate control a little more B-)
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Return to “Introductions”