Belgian FR black magic

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Maxke

Belgian FR black magic

Post by Maxke » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:45 pm

Hey folks,

my name is Maarten, 35 years old and I live in Lier , Belgium.

I have order an Ateca FR 1.4 TSI DSG Black magic (in Belgium) on 29/3/2018 . Coming from a Skoda Octavia break III.
My dealer expects the delivery to be november `18. Yes I takes a long time in Belgium. :oops:

I like this forum because of the tons of information so thanks for accepting me and hope to have a loti of fun here.

greatings
ordered 31/3/18 : ATECA 1.5 TSI FR Black Magic ,digital cockpit, sunroof,towbar,...
Builddate : week 45
Delivery: 30/11/2018

Flakmunky

Re: Belgian FR black magic

Post by Flakmunky » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:31 pm

Ouch! I ordered mine this week. I'd be gutted to wait that long! I'm also going for a DSG, but the 2.0TDI as I need it to tow a caravan...
Xcellence 2.0 TDI 190 DSG 4Drive in Lava Blue with:
Digital Cockpit, Top View, Park Assist & Advanced Comfort & Driving Pack Plus 2

Etchings

Post by Etchings » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:07 am

Welcome and ouch, yes our Continental cousins seem to have a worse delivery time than us. The Danes have had some ludicrous waits in the early days (I think I read one of them on here was waiting over a year!)

Hopefully yours will arrive a lot sooner.
Now driving: Ateca XCellence 1.4 TSi in Rodium Grey with XCellence + Advanced Driving Assistance Packs, Double Boot Floor + Space Saver Spare - Ordered week 9, confirmed built week 26&27&28, arrived in UK week 30 - Collected 1st Sept 8-)

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 am

Hi Maartin.

I notice you ordered a 1.4tsi. Just wondering what the situation with diesel engines is like in Belgium? Over here in the UK, diesel has become much less popular since the VW scandal, sales of new diesel cars are substantially lower than they were a few years ago and the government have recently introduced taxes aimed at discouraging buying diesel. Just wondering with the price of diesel being similar or lower than petrol in Belgium, (derv more expensive than petrol over here), has the sales of diesel cars in your country gone down?

Would be interesting to hear from anyone else outside the UK if their diesel sales have gone down too.

Maxke

Post by Maxke » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Hey ,

yes I heared of people in the netherlands having to wait 1,5 year when they ordered last year. The Danes is new tho me :-)

Flakmunky: I saw a lot of reviews of real driver towing a caravan with the 1.4 TSI and they were all positive. I only use my tow hook 2 times a year to pull a smal trailer or for the rear accidents with other cars :-)

Golfmk56: Before diesel was way cheaper than petrol in Belgium but the government is pushing up the taxes on diesel to promote petrol.
They are expecting the diesel price to go over the petrol price in the coming months.
For now the prices in Belgium are +/- 1,35 € / liter for diesel and 1,41€/Liter for petrol.
The yearly taks we pay for driving our cars is about double for a diesel version ( 235€ for the 1.4 tsi vs 480€ for the 1.6 tai)

The VW scandal has taking its toll in Belgium too and the big cities are banning the use of (older ) Diesel engines inside of their limits.
EURO 3 cars or below are banned already.
When I bought my Skoda 5 years ago 90 % of all sales where diesels, now 75% are all petrols. So yes it has changed .

I have been driving diesel for over ten years now but still ordered the petrol for the price difference and the net worth of the car when I sell it later.
The extra 3000€ I would pay for the diesel is going to get me a lot of petrol next year :-)

What I find very strange is that every country has its own trims for the car. The major types are the same but they all have different extras.
I would think all European countries withe the same climate ( I understand that warmer/ colder countries have other needs) get the same options.
for example: I live 40 km ( +/- 26 miles for your strange people :-)) from the border with the netherlands and they have a whole other set of options for the Ateca. They even get a app for it .

greatz
ordered 31/3/18 : ATECA 1.5 TSI FR Black Magic ,digital cockpit, sunroof,towbar,...

Maxke

Post by Maxke » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:46 am

Mmm the dealer is still not sure if it will be the 1.4 tsi or if i will get the 1.5 ?

I don’t really know what to hope for :-)

Maxke

Post by Maxke » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:34 am

Ok ,
Small update from the mainland.

1.5tsi is confirmed ( a while ago)

Production should be week 45
Delivery around end november, beginning of december.
The looooong wait should be almost over. :-)

Maxke

Post by Maxke » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:20 pm

After a loooooong wait and little stress from my side last week the phone call came to collect the FR.

So happy !

Return to “Introductions”