Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

New car

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Anonymous 
#1 ·
Just joined, have a Ateca in rodium grey, 1.4 tsi DSG excellence with 19in alloys and height adjustable boot floor.

#3 ·
I only find mine sluggish when the autohold is on, you can turn it off and it's a lot better. There are pros and cons to the autohold so it's probably best just to play around and see what works for you.

#4 ·
What do you mean by sluggish when autohold is on?
I feel there is a delay when stepping on the gas pedal and before the engine kicks in.
But I don't see it has any to do with the autohold

#5 ·
Autohold is effectively the same as a normal handbrake, but electric and automatic.

As a result, when moving off it takes a very short time to disengage and move off.

If you dont use it and keep your foot on the brake, the car moves off instantly.

If Start/Stop is also activated that can also decrease the delay. Either way, it is quicker to move off than a manual car with a handbrake would be.

#6 ·
My current car has autohold with a manual transmission and I didnt find the 1.4 DSG to be more sluggish than the system I'm used to.
But I have to agree without autohold it takes of a bit quicker, but only a fraction of a second. not really a problem in regular traffic.

G
#7 ·
My Touareg has autohold, electronic parking brake and stop/start. I have developed the knack of coming to a stop without tripping the stop/start if I know I want to be away quickly, for example at a roundabout. If I'm at lights, or know that I will be stopped for a while, I will brake in such a manner to trigger the stop/start. I do this, I realised the other day, almost without thought. I imagine it will take a little while to unlearn the Treg's idiosyncrasies and learn the Ateca's...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.