Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

2.0 SE Tech TDi 4Drive - Fuel Economy

8K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  malcolmv24 
#1 ·
I am new to the forum and placed the order for a new Ateca end of April and fingers crossed will get it at the end of July. I am just wondering if anyone who has the 2.0 TDi 4Drive what their mpg in a city and on the motorway is like?

I currently have a 1.4 Leon SE Tech Estate and absolutely hate the thing, driving it home realized what a mistake we had made as it is sluggish on acceleration and we should have stuck to our guns and got the bigger engine car as the 1.4 is just not man enough when fully loaded with the family, dog and roof box when we go on holiday. We have had it three years and so relieved to finally get rid of it.

One issue we have with the Leon (there are many things that I don't like about it) as we have two teenage daughters who are the same size as me that if we have had to sit the 3 of us in the back it is a bit small that we are literally bunched up together and we are not that big either. Do you find the back spacious?

G
#2 ·
Hi and welcome.

I can't comment, I'm afraid, on any of your queries as I am currently waiting for delivery.

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum...

Please do report back what mpg you get once you have your car!

#3 ·
To start with my fuel consumption was worryingly low - high 30s on a good day. But as the mileage has increased it's improved (typical diesel). At 13,000 miles my long term is now 42mpg. I don't often carry back seat passengers but those that I do feel it's, "roomy". Never had three in there, though.

#4 ·
Thank you will see how it goes. Not often will it be 3 in the back but hopefully it will be more comfortable. Good to know about the mileage will see how it goes. 😊

G
#5 ·
DSG4WD said:
To start with my fuel consumption was worryingly low - high 30s on a good day. But as the mileage has increased it's improved (typical diesel).
It's intresting how you use the term "consumption is low", when you actually mean "mileage is low". Here in Finland, we use the unit "litres per 100 km", so we really measure consumption. When the reading is low, it means low consumption, which is good. In UK you use MPG, which is actually inverse of consumption; when the reading is low, consumption is high. For me, that seems a bit cumbersome. :p

#6 ·
I've been driving in Spain for 18 years and I still can't get my head around liters/kilometer. Probably because I spent most of my driving using mpg.

Luckily the Ateca will display mpg alongside speed in kph.

#7 ·
Tet70 said:
DSG4WD said:
To start with my fuel consumption was worryingly low - high 30s on a good day. But as the mileage has increased it's improved (typical diesel).
It's intresting how you use the term "consumption is low", when you actually mean "mileage is low". Here in Finland, we use the unit "litres per 100 km", so we really measure consumption. When the reading is low, it means low consumption, which is good. In UK you use MPG, which is actually inverse of consumption; when the reading is low, consumption is high. For me, that seems a bit cumbersome. :p
I'm afraid that this is my lazy use of my native language. For "consumption" read "fuel consumption figure" and it makes sense. :D

#8 ·
Hi, I get about 45mpg mixed driving town and motorway. Car has done just under 10k. I don't do grand Prix starts at traffic lights but do use the "full" range of motorway speed limits ;)

#9 ·
As a comparison my TSi is getting approx 35-38 (done 4k) for similar journeys/driving style.
About to do a 2k mile trip to France - I'll post results

#10 ·
I'm on an average of 45mpg, on ECO mode most of the time, on a mix of urban, motorway and country roads. But sometimes on Sport to give me a flying run up the slip road onto the motorway - and oh boy does she shift !!k

PS measurement on actual consumption and mileage - never did trust the onboard computer numbers

#11 ·
Our 1.4TSI has now done about 6k and during a recent European tour over 2k we averaged 43.96mpg calculated from actual total mileage divided by the actual gallons put in tank. This was about 3mpg less than displayed by the car computer for the same journey. So on a recent journey from Ludlow to Sheffield where we got a car displayed mpg of 51.3 this can be reduced to about 48mpg. The calculated mpg for York to Sheffield to Ludlow and back to Sheffield was 45.65mpg. My wife has a lighter foot than me and can generally get a couple more mpg.

I am really impressed and having owned SEAT diesels for about 25 years I am very pleased with both the torque and the economy of the petrol engine in comparison. It may not be as good for towing but as a car suited to a relaxed driving style on ECO it is great. The sport mode is certainly more interesting!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.