Hi from east yorkshire

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Mdt

Hi from east yorkshire

Post by Mdt » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi folks, I am from east Yorkshire. Haven't got my ateca yet, was ordered on Friday it's currently on a boat and landing today maybe get it after the weekend. Went for the ateca SE L in roduim grey. Looking forward to it very much. Had a hyundai i40 but dealer attitude made me look elsewhere and I found the ateca. Unbeknown to me my mum and dad was at the dealer day before me and they ordered an arona, then I went next day and got the ateca. They picked the arona up yesterday and very impressed with it.

MikeyMike

Re: Hi from east yorkshire

Post by MikeyMike » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:54 pm

Hey, good to hear you ordered the Ateca. I also ordered the SEL in silver. Mine landed at Grimsby about two weeks ago. I got the dealer yesterday to chase up why it hadn't arrived in York. It turned out its just been sat there for two weeks as Seat couldn't be bothered to book a transporter. I would have expected them to put it on the back of a flat bed and get it across but apparently I have to wait another 7 - 10 days! I'm not best amused. Do you know when you take delivery of yours?

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:05 pm

Oh which dealer......
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

MikeyMike

Post by MikeyMike » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:24 pm

DM Keith in York. They are a good dealer but apparently its Seat themselves who book the transporters and get them sent to the dealer. Seat and told them it would be arriving last Wednesday but when I got them to call through yesterday Seat said that for some reason a transporter hadn't been booked. The dealers have no involvement in that. I'm just a bit annoyed Seat have done noting to fast track it now. Where did you order yours?

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:51 pm

Mine was an odd situation, I ordered an ex demo from S G Petch in Durham who kindly delivered it to me at home as I did not have a vehicle to get to Durham. The reason for that was that I purchased a demo Ateca from a dealer in Manchester.
Had a medical incident 5 minutes from home, after 3 hours of ownership, totaled it, helicopter to Leeds General Infirmary, put in a coma for two weeks, transferred to York Hospital, total of 3 months in hospital. Probably not glad you asked now ? :D :D :D
However I can vouch that the Airbags etc. work well :D :D :D
Am I the only one to own 2 Ateca's in 5 months ??
Last edited by Bedlam on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ateca 2.0 TDi Xcellence DSG 4Drive in Black Magic, 19" Exclusive Wheels, Top View Camera, Park Assist, Virtual Tailgate Pedal, Heated Windscreen

Lcchull

Post by Lcchull » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Look forward to seeing another Ateca on the road in East Yorkshire had mine nearly 2 years now I’m from Hull and I bought mine from Pentagon Scunthorpe
1.6se technology ecomotive Samoa orange ( The Satsuma) on the road 16/12/16 ;)

MikeyMike

Post by MikeyMike » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:10 pm

Oh God, hope your well on the road to recovery! Thats good that they delivered it to you. I might try and find a telephone number for Seat tomorrow and give them an ear full!

Bedlam

Post by Bedlam » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:37 pm

Thanks am relatively OK now, good luck with Seat UK Services ear bash

Mdt

Post by Mdt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:31 pm

MikeyMike wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:54 pm
Hey, good to hear you ordered the Ateca. I also ordered the SEL in silver. Mine landed at Grimsby about two weeks ago. I got the dealer yesterday to chase up why it hadn't arrived in York. It turned out its just been sat there for two weeks as Seat couldn't be bothered to book a transporter. I would have expected them to put it on the back of a flat bed and get it across but apparently I have to wait another 7 - 10 days! I'm not best amused. Do you know when you take delivery of yours?
Hi, mine landed yesterday and it's now awaiting co!!ection, dealer says after weekend. I don't understand why people have been waiting so long! I ordered last Friday and get it roughly 10 days later. Did I time it right with the boat coming in? Was told I got the last available roduim grey SE L on that delivery for dealer.

Mdt

Post by Mdt » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:33 pm

Lcchull wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:59 pm
Look forward to seeing another Ateca on the road in East Yorkshire had mine nearly 2 years now I’m from Hull and I bought mine from Pentagon Scunthorpe
I got mine from riverside at priory, can't fault them so far!

Return to “Introductions”