Northumberland Newbie

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ianmac10

Northumberland Newbie

Post by Ianmac10 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Hello

I recently picked up a new Ateca FR 2.0 TDI 4DRIVE in Rhodium Grey. Previous car was a Qashqai so I m getting used to a very different machine.
I started off driving it in sport mode but for the last week have had it in eco for the daily commute and getting a respectable 54mpg on a 12 mile run.
No problems yet
Seat Ateca FR 2.0TDI 4 Drive Rhodium Grey

Maxke

Re: Northumberland Newbie

Post by Maxke » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:41 pm

Welcome and enjoy the Ateca :-)
(Skoda Octavia '13)
ordered 31/3/18 : ATECA 1.5 TSI FR Black Magic ,digital cockpit, sunroof,towbar,...
Builddate : week 45 ( not confirmed)
Delivery: hopefully end of november 18

Ianmac10

Post by Ianmac10 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:08 pm

Thanks

The only challenge that I am having is finding winter tyres. Mine are the 225 50 R18s. I can get the Conti Winter Contacts or the Goodyear Ultragrip but both are coming in at £190 ish per tyre. For previous cars I ve bought a new set of alloys with winter tyres and swapped them over myself. But my last set from the Qashqai are still unsold in my garage, the price for the Seat are about double and I m wondering if its worthwhile.

Niggly

Post by Niggly » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:48 pm

Welcome. I run aftermarket wheels for winter. You can fit 245/45 18 or even as large as 235/55 17 if 17s are an option and will fit over your calipers - I don’t know if they're larger on yours. A wider tyre won't be as good in the snow but you will know that it's not just about snow.

Interestingly, Conti's All-seasonContact came out really well in a winter test that included both winter and A/S tyres. I've recently fitted these as my winter setup on another car (not my ateca) and will run them till April.

As long as you tell your insurers what you're doing you should be fine even if it's going for a non-standard size like the 245/45 18 which has an almost identical radius. You'll need 8" wide wheels though. Plenty of VW Group choice for donor wheels though e.g. Octavia wheels which usefully accept SEAT centre caps.

You need PCD of 5x112
Offset in range 40-50
Centre bore 57.1 although aftermarket will come with adapter in a fitting kit.

Look at how tyre prices are affected by size.
1.0 SE rolling on 18s

Ianmac10

Post by Ianmac10 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:52 pm

I’m deciding between tyres that I can get a local garage to put on my existing alloys,or a set of new alloys winter tyres. Any recommendations to where to get them?
Tyres only Black Circles have the best deal I ve found yet. Looks cheaper for me to have the tyres delivered and for me to take to the garage. Alloys with tyres there are a few options just not sure which alloys to get. I d like them to be the same as my originals. Can anyone advise which they are. I ll post a picture when I figure out how to attach one

Ianmac10

Post by Ianmac10 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:54 pm

8D7A005C-D5FD-4859-9A34-F45ACCB145BA.jpeg

Ianmac10 wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:52 pm
I’m deciding between tyres that I can get a local garage to put on my existing alloys,or a set of new alloys winter tyres. Any recommendations to where to get them?
Tyres only Black Circles have the best deal I ve found yet. Looks cheaper for me to have the tyres delivered and for me to take to the garage. Alloys with tyres there are a few options just not sure which alloys to get. I d like them to be the same as my originals. Can anyone advise which they are. I ll post a picture when I figure out how to attach one

luiscana

Post by luiscana » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:59 am

Ianmac10 wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:05 pm
Hello

I recently picked up a new Ateca FR 2.0 TDI 4DRIVE in Rhodium Grey. Previous car was a Qashqai so I m getting used to a very different machine.
I started off driving it in sport mode but for the last week have had it in eco for the daily commute and getting a respectable 54mpg on a 12 mile run.
No problems yet
Hello
I also sold my QQ and put an order for a Excellence white 1.5 TSI auto. (did not go for the FR as it looks too dull with the std. 18 in aluminium alloys it comes with... (I order the optional 18" with black inserts- performance 03 I think is called)
I will be looking for your comments on first impressions as QQ was really nice to drive but service far from nice (and afraid of all the problems other owners were experiencing...).

Ianmac10

Post by Ianmac10 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:45 pm

I ve had one of each model Qashqai and each new model got a little less enjoyable. They are a really nice drive and a nice car. But recent experience at the dealer was appalling and I decided I needed a change. I saw the Ateca FR and loved it. While the Qashqai was a nice comfortable ride the Ateca FR is a muscle car, a fun ride and just quality. I am really pleased with my decision. The wheels look great.
JUst found a good source for winter tyres here - mytyres.co.uk

Return to “Introductions”