New owner - 1.5 TSI

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
FCBoomstick

New owner - 1.5 TSI

Post by FCBoomstick » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi all!

New Ateca owner as of yesterday. Ordered an SE Tech 1.4L petrol on 18th April, received 1.5L petrol version on 24th November. A long wait but seems worth it so far! Luckily for the dealership I was happy to wait and didn't chase and the salesman I had seemed to give me realistic expectations from the start which was appreciated.

Because of the timing of the order and the change in engines as well as buying options in the summer, I received an upgrade to the engine but also the old package I ordered at the same price saving me a bit of money. It also meant I was stuck with the standard "energy blue" colour as it wasn't free to choose colour when I placed the order and I wasn't bothered enough to pay to change it. I am pleasantly surprised at how it looks though in the end as it was hard to find pictures online that weren't CG'd! In addition, the basic trim of the 2016 Ateca has been upgraded to late 2018 setup - e.g. USB points in the rear to match the Skoda and VW offerings. Small but appreciated upgrades.

Couple of extras on the car - Beats sound system (loving it!), convenience pack and the 8 inch media/sat nav/full link upgrade plus obligatory space saving tyre. The full link seems has been missed off by accident so I have to go back to the dealership next week for that to be installed, but otherwise very happy.

Really enjoying this car so far. This is my first ever new car and I'm coming from a 2008 Ford fiesta with 145,000 miles on the clock so this feels like a really luxurious upgrade to me!

I'm looking to buy a dog guard that's secure but easy to remove and a boot liner for a regularly muddy pup - want to keep the car in half decent condition! If anyone has any suggestions as to the best ones for the Ateca please let me know.

Peace,
Boom
SE Technology | 68 plate | 1.5 TSI EVO | Energy Blue | Beats Audio | Convenience Pack

Maxke

Re: New owner - 1.5 TSI

Post by Maxke » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:39 pm

welcome and enjoy the new car.

Can't give you any suggestions because I'm still waiting on mine .
ordered 31/3/18 : ATECA 1.5 TSI FR Black Magic ,digital cockpit, sunroof,towbar,...
Builddate : week 45
Delivery: 30/11/2018

Golfmk56

Post by Golfmk56 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:55 pm

I use a Travall dog guard in my Skoda and can recommend. Takes a few minutes to remove, the upside though is it's solid as a rock when installed. To be honest it's very rarely I remove it.

https://www.travall.co.uk/seat/ateca-20 ... rd-tdg1524

Website says they have a 15% discount if ordered by 26th Nov (tomorrow) - enter code TRAVALL15 at checkout.

FCBoomstick

Post by FCBoomstick » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:50 pm

Thanks Golfmk, I saw the travall advertised previously and I was ummimg and ahhing... Good to hear first hand reports on it first. I think I'll go for that one then, much appreciated!
SE Technology | 68 plate | 1.5 TSI EVO | Energy Blue | Beats Audio | Convenience Pack

Graham B

Post by Graham B » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:10 pm

Seat do a package that is £200 for metal grill and a boot liner that fits around the rear head rests and 'velcros' on elsewhere complete with a fold out bumper guard. It's easy to fit and remove. I have removed my now as I had to have my Malamute put to sleep in September. If you live near Kent we might be able to do a deal if you want second hand
Ordered 1.4 TSI Xcellence with heated front screen and panoramic sun roof in Rodium Grey. DELIVERED 12 SEPT FINALLY

Ateca_newbie

Post by Ateca_newbie » Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Travall dog guard all the way......
Had one in my fiesta & galaxy.
Got one for the Areca....takes a little amount of time to put together and a bit fiddly to put in on your own, but solid as a rock, as usual with Travall!
Ateca 1.0 SE L, Rhodium grey, :D

Rory

Post by Rory » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:44 pm

FCBoomstick wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:40 pm
The full link seems has been missed off by accident so I have to go back to the dealership next week for that to be installed, but otherwise very happy.
I wonder if the car has been built for a while and perhaps waiting for emissions approval, because SEAT have known about missing full link since September when we got our car. On the face of it, it's pretty poor that the dealer didn't sort it before collection.
Ateca SE-L 1.0TSi - Sept 18 - daughter's
Tiguan Match 2.0TDi 4Motion DSG - Sept 15 - wife's
Thinking about something with 7 seats to replace my old Mercedes C270CDi Estate

FCBoomstick

Post by FCBoomstick » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:06 am

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I looked at the official grille and boot mat and the travall guard and I was leaning towards the latter until I managed to find a deal on the official ones for £160 (£120 for dog guard and 40 for reversible mat). It was a black friday thing from Horton Seat (?). Both arrived pretty quick and install of the guard was fairly easy once I worked it out!

And yes, Rory, it's pretty annoying to know they've known since September. Even more annoyingly it's still not ready so it'll (hopefully) be next weekend now!

Return to “Introductions”