Hello and Thanks

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Nico

Hello and Thanks

Post by Nico » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Hello all.
Just took delivery of my new Ateca and to say I'm pleased with it is an understatement. Firstly, I would like to thank all who have posted on this forum for their information and comments, which have answered a lot of my questions in the time leading up to delivery. Your information has helped me getting to know the car from the moment I picked it up. After driving standard automatics for the past 30 years, I will just have to adapt my driving style for the DSG.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG, Lava Blue

Tomstring

Re: Hello and Thanks

Post by Tomstring » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Snap! I’m 90% certain to order exact same model in the next week. Thinking of black or rodium grey 🤔 Currently Mercedes C220 automatic-what do you mean when you refer to adjusting to driving a DSG? T

Nico

Re: Hello and Thanks

Post by Nico » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi Tomstring.
I don't think you will be disappointed with the Xcellence Lux. I was originally going to go for the rodium grey but as my last car was grey, I went for lava blue instead. As the DSG has clutch plates as opposed to a torque converter, from what I can gather, you have to be a bit more careful in stop start traffic. With traditional torque converter autos , you can creep along in slow moving traffic without any trouble, but doing the same with a DSG, you will be riding the clutch and causing premature wear. Up to now, I have tried experimenting switching engine start/stop and auto hold on and off. At the minute I prefer having both of these off, as it behaves more like a traditional automatic which I am used to, but then I am not making the most of the latest technology. I might try and persevere with S/S and AH for a while to see if I can get used to it.
Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG, Lava Blue

Return to “Introductions”