Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

New SE 1.5 DSG

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Fred99 
#1 ·
I collected my (wife's) new car on Friday from JCB Ashford. I drove it 50 miles home and yesterday we went out and did about 70 miles between us.
The car was ordered in late January, they found an unallocated one in one of the UK ports. It's recorded as built in week 50. We could have had it early Feb but waited for a 19 plate and it gave time to sell the other car.
I'm very relieved to find so far no hesitation when cold (but it's not very, about 10 degrees), no kangarooing and no flat spots. However it does feel a bit gutless and sluggish compared with my 1.4 Golf DSG (122HP, 2012) and very high geared. I hope it will improve as we get used to it and it loosens up. That was in normal mode. It doesn't compare with the 1.4 (used, manual) I test drove.
The ride seemed very jiggly but I've found today the tyres all at 42psi that may help! I expected them to be Bridgestone but they are Falken which is probably worse, very surprised at that.

I need a plastic securing bolt for the s/s spare I've bought. I thought it would be the same as the Golf one (1K0803899B) but that's too short. Anyone know what other vehicle type will fit or a part number please?

#2 ·
Good news that you haven't got the kangaroo version. It should not feel sluggish. Cars these days should give full performance and economy straight out of the factory. There is no real running in needed so long as you keep the revs below 4K which is not exactly difficult.

I have had two recent SEATS, a Leon and my Ateca, and I didn't notice any significant changes as the mileage increased with regards to performance or economy. The Leon's gearchange to 2nd improved a bit but that's all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.