Ordered on Friday 3rd May!

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
roadexplorer100

Ordered on Friday 3rd May!

Post by roadexplorer100 » Mon May 06, 2019 9:14 pm

Hi Everyone! I hope you have had a great bank holiday weekend (in the UK at least)!

Just ordered my Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI Manual in Rhodium Grey. Really impressed by this forum so thought I would join in!
Thank you for all the helpful posts throughout the forum. They helped me make my decision!

I'm Currently driving a 1.0 Ecoboost Focus, so I think the Ateca will be a great step up (not just in ride height lol).

I'm a total newbie to Seat (apart from the MK1 Ibiza my Dad drove in 1986. The puny engine had 'Porsche' emblazoned on it lol). He now drives one of the new(ish) Peugeot 3008s which I have been really impressed with, but pound-for-pound the Ateca won on style and equipment.

I love the style of the Ateca and enjoyed my test drive, although I will have to get the hang of the hand brake as I kept trying to turn it off with the clutch at the bite and foot-brake off (I am used to a manual hand brake).

The sales process has been straightforward so far. No long long explanations of GAP insurance and scotch-guarding the upholstery like dealers from other brands. The dealer told me I will wait 12-14 weeks for delivery. I have not received any more detailed info at this stage. At the moment given the lead time I will plan to register in September to catch the new reg... Is that sensible do you think?

I have noticed some VERY long wait times mentioned on this forum, and completely sympathize with all the frustration, after all the motor industry is moving so fast these days, if you have to wait the best part of a year for a new car, it might well be that a better car has come to market in that time, leaving the buyer feeling trapped.

Any advice on communicating with the dealer and Seat to get an honest picture of my order status would be greatly appreciated, plus any other newbie advice. Its also my first ever brand new car.

Have a great evening all!
Roadexplorer
Ordered 1.5TSI Xcellence Lux manual in Rhodium Grey, (now added space saver wheel) on 3rd May 2019. Awaiting Seat order acknowledgement & build week. Expecting to register early Sep 2019 :D

Sash

Re: Ordered on Friday 3rd May!

Post by Sash » Wed May 08, 2019 9:19 am

There is nothing special really re communication with the dealer, just call them in a month, they will give you the manufacture week for your car. It is usually 4 weeks between manufacture and delivery. Prior to collecting ask them for the number plate and insurance code and call SEAT UK to arrange free 5 days insurance. Ask the dealer if they provide you with free one year SEAT roadside assistance (they should) and inspect the car before collecting, check if everything works as it should and everything is in place. Do not pay anything apart from the small advance before you will have seen the car. Consider adding a space saver wheel now, it will be cheaper than buying afterwards, and do it asap if you haven't done yet. The most difficult part of it all is waiting.

roadexplorer100

Post by roadexplorer100 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:11 pm

Thank you for your advice, Sash. Just added the space saver wheel. Good plan as I didn't fancy the aerosol option. Noted on payment. Will make sure I have fully checked the vehicle before any further payment than the deposit I have already put down.

The dealer mentioned 5 day insurance cover but not roadside assistance. I will ask them about that.

Yes the wait will feel like forever! The dealer group had one 1.5tsi lux in stock at another location, but it was white and I have my heart set on Rhodium Grey... and since I have only ever bought used cars before I wanted the chance to choose the colour at least (since with introduction of Seat EZ there's not much else you can specify, except the sunroof).

Roadexplorer
Ordered 1.5TSI Xcellence Lux manual in Rhodium Grey, (now added space saver wheel) on 3rd May 2019. Awaiting Seat order acknowledgement & build week. Expecting to register early Sep 2019 :D

Sash

Post by Sash » Wed May 08, 2019 5:45 pm

I am glad I was of some help. I have 1.5 SE Tech in Rhodium Grey, ordered end of Jan and collected end of March. The car looks classy, but the colour is on the lighter side on that 50 shades scale :) , not a dark rich grey like some might expect. It is not an Audi or VW or Skoda grey, It even has some ever so slightly greenish tint to it, but I only notice it on a sunny day when there are other grey cars around. I wasn't even sure before my wife mentioned it too. SEAT tries to make their colours look young and fresh. The only downside is with grey interior there is a bit too much grey colour overall :) Lux specs are awesome, I bought my Ateca for cash and the Lux option was way too rich for my blood. But SE Tech has everything you really need, the only extra I would pay for would be the rear view camera.

Blueteam

Post by Blueteam » Wed May 15, 2019 4:12 pm

I think I might have been relatively lucky with my delivery. Ordered on 3rd March and took delivery on 5th may so quite good compared to some. It seems like someone cancelled and I turned up at the right time I ordered the spare wheel but.make sure the dealer leaves the trye repair kit in. Might come in useful for blowing up footballs etc. Plus you've already paid for it so might as well have it.

So far very impressed with handling , power and drive position. Haven't got any of the 1.5 tsi kangerooing problems so far so hopefully I have one of the good ones.

roadexplorer100

Post by roadexplorer100 » Thu May 16, 2019 10:57 am

Hi Blueteam,

Congratulations on picking up your new Ateca. Thanks for the tip on the puncture kit.

Really pleased to hear about your good experience with the engine. I must admit I have grilled the dealer on engine issues, and they said they had not had any complaints at all (which is a little hard to believe based on feedback in this forum about it). I am sticking by my choice as the engine is used in so many new vehicles that even with some teething issues, there is surely safety in numbers here!

As due to my wait I have to live vicariously through others who are proudly driving their new Atecas already, do you have a pic of yours? I saw you went for Nevada white. I saw one in that colour at the dealer and it looks very classy indeed!
RX100

Return to “Introductions”