Bluetooth and full link problem

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
briza999

Bluetooth and full link problem

Post by briza999 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:45 pm

Hi all, I'm new to the forum so forgive me if I'm breaking any rules..
I have just taken delivery of my 1st Seat, 1st car from the vw family. It's an Ateca 1.6 auto se tech.
I'm having problems with connecting via bluetooth or android auto. My phone is a Galaxy S8 but then a problem occurs when attempting to connect other smart phones.

Sometimes it simply wont connect to any paired devices..if you're able to connect at all. The telephone icon from the main menu disappears and if I try to select bluetooth I get " telephone not available" on both the main screen and the smaller one.
Trying to connect to Android auto just gets "starting full link" on the main screen.
I had it working fine until I tried to add my son's phone, then can connect nothing..
It's intermittent but mainly doesn't work.
I've it booked in at main dealer but in case I'm just dumb and can't get it to work.. I thought I'd ask.

Factory reset makes no difference

I've taken some pics of what it displays.

20190713_153208.jpg

Max2090

Re: Bluetooth and full link problem

Post by Max2090 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Mine was the same on the day I collected it, brand new.
Did nothing so went straight back, it needed an update. Worked fine since.
Only annoyance being they should have fully checked the car before hand over in my book.
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.

xzedalex

Post by xzedalex » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:23 pm

Mine did the exact same thing for the first time yesterday. Only one phone paired, using Android Auto. Turning the ignition off/on didn't help.

Solved by holding the media console power button down for approx 30 seconds. It seems to go through more of a restart. Then eventually Full Link and Bluetooth were available again.
2019 Ateca Xcellence - 1.5 TSI EVO (150) DSG-Auto 4Drive - Lava Blue

briza999

Post by briza999 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:34 am

Mines 2 weeks old, I went to main dealer a couple of days ago. They couldn't find a problem and the done a hard reset.
Problem still there. It's intermittent so next time, I'll video it on my phone with the icons for full link and telephone disappearing. Dealer said that was impossible lol.

..... watch this space.

Ghiggz

Post by Ghiggz » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:57 pm

Think there is a bug.
Mine does it often.

It's 24mths old now and normally works fine, but every now and then it won't connect to AA and says connection failed check settings on phone.

It did it yesterday as it happens, we went on a day trip, connected and worked fine all the way there, went to head back in the night, plugged in for Waze and it said connection failed, tried it all the way home 100m+, and it just would not connect.
Tried my wife's too and hers did the same!

Went out this morning plugged in, and it connected straight up??? Weird!!
Silver Ateca SE 1.6tdi

collie_mac

Post by collie_mac » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:01 pm

briza999 did you get a fix in the end? I've got the same problem. Waiting to get an appointment with the dealer.

Roger48

Post by Roger48 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:32 pm

Probably a dumb question, but do you always have a mobile signal to connect to? I don't think it will work otherwise.

Where I live in the very rural UK, we have (amazingly) 4g at home and in the local area, but further from home, the signal often disappears and the connection is lost. Once I have 3g or 4g signal again, then it reconnects. This is using Apple car Play, which I guess is similar to the Android app.

Might be worth checking the strength of your signal sitting in the car at home?

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:03 pm

Interesting thought, but I don’t think the mobile signal will play any part - try it with airplane mode on (but with Bluetooth on) - I just tried that here and the phone still connects to the car BT and says there’s no mobile signal. When I turn airplane mode off it then picks up the signal strength and reports it. Admittedly I’m
Not doing this through car play....so maybe that’s a factor.

Sounds like a B-Tooth related issue. Maybe a reset of the nav/infotainment unit may be needed if it’s becoming temperamental. I.e. press and hold left button down until Seat logo appears. If it’s never worked that’s a different issue. Maybe worth a reset of the telephone BT (can’t recall where this is in settings) and re-pair them after a reset of the infotainment, but I’ve done that before, not long after I got the car a couple of years ago.

Grahamn

Post by Grahamn » Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:19 pm

Ps. I have a distant recollection of when I ran two phones paired. Whenever one wasn’t present it seemed to persist in try to connect to one that wasn’t there even though the other was present!! Very annoying so eventually reset the Tel BT connections and just reconnected the one phone.

collie_mac

Post by collie_mac » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:34 pm

It seems to me that the Bluetooth issue is an indicator that the media system hasn’t started properly/fully as I’ll have full signal on my phone and will be able to connect the phone to another BT device, e.g. headphones. What I’ve noticed is that if BT doesn’t connect to the phone within a couple of minutes then the Phone icon will be gone from the main menu and if I try the Full Link icon, which should open the Full Link screen even if no phone is plugged in, will just say “Starting Full Link” for a few minutes then disappear. If I go into the car’s settings and pick BT it says “Bluetooth unavailable” as if the feature isn’t on. Also, the compass will be unable to give a directional reading until the media system is turned off so there’s definitely some internal confusion going on. I’ve re-paired the phone and reset the Full Link settings but the issue comes back. Intermittent but very annoying.