Bluetooth and full link problem

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
peep_peep

Re: Bluetooth and full link problem

Post by peep_peep » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 pm

Hi, I have just put my car in to the dealer for the same problem, with Android Auto only working intermittently. My Ateca is new-to-me a few weeks ago and I wanted to iron out any issues while it's still in warranty. Didn't surprise me when I got the phone call to say they can't find anything wrong with it. At least when I go to collect it, I can advise them I've read that it's a known issue ... all they could suggest was that I need to buy a SEAT USB cable. ( I've tried 3 different cables so I know that is unlikely to fix the issue)

Can I also ask - every time I plug in and select Full link I have to go through all the screens selecting Androidplay, Agreeing to data transfer etc. I have read somewhere that you should only have to do this the first time, is that correct? It is irritating having to click through every time, but not the end of the world.

briza999

Post by briza999 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Might be part of the same problem. Mine often asks twice to authorities Android auto.
If anything, this problem is worsening.

peep_peep

Post by peep_peep » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:18 pm

Thanks for your reply, I'll mention that if/when I go back about the issue.

To update, when I collected the car, the lcd screen pixelated out so I was able to get the Mechanic (Technician?) to come out and look at it. He saw that the screen was working randomly, then the connection was lost and wouldn't return. He suggested it was either the USB cable or my phone that is at fault! So through gritted teeth I went back in and bought the SEAT USB cable as he said SEAT wouldn't authorise/pay for any work if non SEAT parts have been used ...
Anyways, went back out, plugged it in using the super cool excitingly expensive SEAT cable, and of course it still didn't work.
A different Technician returned to take a look at it, but could only say they didn't have a fix for it and hadn't experienced the issue before.

So I guess I just need to wait to see if a fix comes out via SEAT? All a bit annoying.

briza999

Post by briza999 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:42 pm

I bought my car new in July. It's a 1.6tdi auto se tech.
Problem started from day 1. Dealer said they couldn't find any issue, then thought it was related to a previously reported problem..but no.
They blamed my phone, the usb cable and even my ability to understand the system.
Last time at the dealership to correct a different bug, the service manager now seemed to know all about it.
Just have to wait I suppose until Seat sort it.

MrRilo

Post by MrRilo » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:19 am

peep_peep wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:50 pm
Can I also ask - every time I plug in and select Full link I have to go through all the screens selecting Androidplay, Agreeing to data transfer etc. I have read somewhere that you should only have to do this the first time, is that correct? It is irritating having to click through every time, but not the end of the world.
I used to be bugged by this occasionally, found that if I plugged the phone in before I started the car, everything booted up ok. Get an occasional disconnect but everything now works ok first time.
MY19 - 1.5TSI Ateca manual FR
Samoa Orange

Mdalprato

Post by Mdalprato » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:55 am

Hi All,

Same issue here.
Ateca FR new (1 week old) and for 3 times CarPlay, Navigator and bluetooth were "unavailable".
I had to restart the media by clicking the power button until the Seat logo appears, then was everything file.
Damn this is annoying .. I will go to the dealer next week in order to find a solution....

Mdalprato

Post by Mdalprato » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:27 pm

Hi All,

Any news ?
I'm still arguing with my dealer: he said that Seat is aware of this issue but for the moment I don't have any feedback from them.
Hoping to get an update soon ... this situtation is killing me.

Thanks

PSC21

Post by PSC21 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:59 pm

For Android Auto this is my 3rd VAG group car with it. If it refuses to connect to AA either restart your phone or failing that uninstall AA and reinstall. This has mostly always solved the problem. I have the SEAT cable but I use a short cable with a right angle connector onto my S9. It also seems more reliable connecting the phone before turning on the ignition.
Hope this helps Android users.
FRS Velvet Red. Collected 17/1/20 Replacing 2018 Tiguan SEL Bitdi 4motion DSG , Replaced 2017 Leon Cupra.

Mdalprato

Post by Mdalprato » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:10 pm

PSC21 wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:59 pm
For Android Auto this is my 3rd VAG group car with it. If it refuses to connect to AA either restart your phone or failing that uninstall AA and reinstall. This has mostly always solved the problem. I have the SEAT cable but I use a short cable with a right angle connector onto my S9. It also seems more reliable connecting the phone before turning on the ignition.
Hope this helps Android users.
Thanks for you reply.
My problem is that :

- Telephone icon is missing
- Full link not working.
- Navigation not working
- voice command not working.

If I restart (20 second on power button) everything is ok.
It's sounds like a bug to me and seat told me that "we know and we are working on it".
I dont' know what to do anymore.

briza999

Post by briza999 » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Still no solution from the dealership. The problem persists and has worsened if anything.
Had it off the road for a week recently with a stalling issue. Eventually they changed the fuel filter.
1st Seat
Last Seat