Ordered my 1st Seat Ateca

New to the Seat Ateca Forums? Introduce yourself here
Krnthmsn

Ordered my 1st Seat Ateca

Post by Krnthmsn » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Hi to fellow Ateca owners.

I ordered my Seat Ateca on the 26th July and am hoping for delivery at the end of October. It is a motability car and I have ordered the 2.0 Xcellence Auto 4x4 in Velvet Red. I haven’t driven it yet as I need adaptions but hubby has and he loved it.
I was a bit disappointed to find that Seat don’t offer a tracking service of your car, my last car was an Audi and I was able to see each of the steps the car went through, from when it started being built to the car being spray painted, when it was on the boat, when it cleared the docks, when it arrived and then the date I took delivery. It made the wait bearable.
I have to be patient now. :D

Max2090

Re: Ordered my 1st Seat Ateca

Post by Max2090 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 pm

I know what you mean and the dealerships, depending on which one it is, can be useless in updating you.
Worth the wait though.
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.

Furion

Post by Furion » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 am

Krnthmsn wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 pm

I ordered my Seat Ateca on the 26th July and am hoping for delivery at the end of October. It is a motability car and I have ordered the 2.0 Xcellence Auto 4x4 in Velvet Red. I haven’t driven it yet as I need adaptions but hubby has and he loved it.
I was a bit disappointed to find that Seat don’t offer a tracking service of your car, my last car was an Audi and I was able to see each of the steps the car went through, from when it started being built to the car being spray painted, when it was on the boat, when it cleared the docks, when it arrived and then the date I took delivery. It made the wait bearable.
Hi,

If your car is going to be a factory order you are probably looking at November December, I ordered my Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 4drive Auto on 27th June and have a build date of week 43, (21 Oct). Your dealer will be able to give you the build date for your car, the build date can change either way.

If you are going to have a hoist for a wheelchair fitted make sure your chair / scooter will fit in the boot with the hoist.

With the factory order your car will be model year 20 (MY20), that has a few enhancements, upgraded infotainment, frameless auto dimming mirror, electric drivers seat etc.

The Ateca doesn’t come with a spare wheel, it an extra £115 to have one fitted, but well worth it, considering the “gunk” the car comes with is about £49 a bottle to replace.

Have a look around the forum, lots of good info here.
Furion
Ordered 27/06: MY20 : Build Date WK40, Expected Nov
Ateca Xcellence Lux 2.0TDI 150 DSG 4Drive, Black Magic.
Current: Jaguar XF 3.0TDV6 MY11

KerryB

Post by KerryB » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:54 am

Krnthmsn wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:46 pm

The waiting is the worst, isn't it?

For me, it doesn't help that my current car (not a motability -- the Ateca will be my first) has just died. It's going to be a very long wait.
Lava Blue Ateca 2.0 Tdi (150) Excellence Lux DSG 4Drive, ordered 20th July 2019 with an estimated 4 month delivery date.
Current vehicles: a 2007 Passat 2.0 Tdi SEL and a rust-heap (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 litre)

Krnthmsn

Post by Krnthmsn » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 pm

Just had an update today from my dealer, apparently my new car won’t be built until the end of the year and delivery will be March. He said this will change and the car will be here before the end of the year. I am really disappointed ☹️. I have spoken to motability who have said the dealer has a date for the end of October, but not to worry as the insurance can be extended. I did originally want to keep my Audi for another year but had gone over the mileage by 2000. I thought 4 months was a long time to wait for my Audi but if I have to go to March that will be 8 months which is ridiculous. I see Motability have removed the Ateca off their website, I was offered a change of car but I am tempted to wait it out.

TheGrey

Post by TheGrey » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:13 pm

Seat Ateca is a great car and good value for money. I think its worth the wait!
I am waiting mine to come sometime in September and can't wait. Good luck
Ordered: Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG with Panoramic sunroof in Rhodium Grey

KerryB

Post by KerryB » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:12 pm

Krnthmsn wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:17 pm
Just had an update today from my dealer, apparently my new car won’t be built until the end of the year and delivery will be March. He said this will change and the car will be here before the end of the year. I am really disappointed ☹️. I have spoken to motability who have said the dealer has a date for the end of October, but not to worry as the insurance can be extended. I did originally want to keep my Audi for another year but had gone over the mileage by 2000. I thought 4 months was a long time to wait for my Audi but if I have to go to March that will be 8 months which is ridiculous. I see Motability have removed the Ateca off their website, I was offered a change of car but I am tempted to wait it out.
That's terrible! I checked the Motability site just now, and all the Atecas still seem to be listed. I really hope I don't have to wait until March for mine!
Lava Blue Ateca 2.0 Tdi (150) Excellence Lux DSG 4Drive, ordered 20th July 2019 with an estimated 4 month delivery date.
Current vehicles: a 2007 Passat 2.0 Tdi SEL and a rust-heap (2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2.7 litre)

Max2090

Post by Max2090 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:21 pm

KerryB wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:12 pm
Krnthmsn wrote:
That's terrible! I checked the Motability site just now, and all the Atecas still seem to be listed. I really hope I don't have to wait until March for mine!
The Ateca is still available until the end of September at present on motability.
2019 1.6 Diesel SE Technology manual in metallic white.

AtecaAngel

Post by AtecaAngel » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:34 pm

Krnthmsn wrote:
Having seen your update I shall be calling my SEAT dealer tomorrow as we ordered our Motability Ateca the day before you and have heard NOTHING from them since the order date.

Thankfully if we do have to wait the car we've currently got is a good one so we won't be stuck with a rubbish one while we wait.

Krnthmsn

Post by Krnthmsn » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:27 pm

AtecaAngel, I would love to hear what they say to you. I dropped my salesman an email today. Here is what I said and his reply:

“Further to our telephone call yesterday thank you for informing me of the extended date of delivery of my Seat Ateca.
I spoke with Motability as I was unsure of the procedure of what would happen regarding my present car. They have assured me that I can keep my present car and that once the date has been changed on the order form they will send me out new papers for the insurance.

Is it possible to get a build week for the Ateca and also a new due date.”

The reply I got was:

“ Hi Karen

At the moment we don't have a build week for you. It has been excepted by the Factory and as soon as I know I will contact you .

Regards. “

Return to “Introductions”