Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

2.0 TSI XCELLENCE Lux DSG 4Drive

14K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  thecokanee 
#1 ·
Picking Up a new Ateca 2.0 TSI XCELLENCE Lux SUV 5dr Petrol DSG 4Drive (s/s) (190 ps) in Black Magic on 1st March.

Changing from a Polo GTI+ which has similar 1984cc TSI engine albeit with 200PS. Will be interesting to compare the driving experience. So far I have only been on a test drive and the big difference apart from the extra space :D was the increased refinement.

#3 ·
dave b said:
RoyWolfey said:
Picking Up a new Ateca 2.0 TSI XCELLENCE Lux SUV 5dr Petrol DSG 4Drive (s/s) (190 ps) in Black Magic on 1st March.
Blimey, that's a right mouthful. Enjoy the new car

(When did we start stating precisely which model, spec, power and colour we now buy ? I note many have it on every post)
That was just a straight cut and paste from Autotrader. A little too much information. What is s/s anyway? :D

#5 ·
dave b said:
RoyWolfey said:

(When did we start stating precisely which model, spec, power and colour we now buy ? I note many have it on every post)
Hi Dave, if you click on your user name at top right corner of page, user control panel, edit signature, you can put your details in there :)

#6 ·
boss-time said:
dave b said:
RoyWolfey said:

Hi Dave, if you click on your user name at top right corner of page, user control panel, edit signature, you can put your details in there :)
Why would anyone want to know the date I ordered a car or indeed the fact that it has 3 cupholders and a towbar? I just find it very odd.

Seat Ateca...which is why I'm on the Seat Ateca forum

#7 ·
PSC21 said:
I`m sure you will enjoy your Ateca , thats the engine /gearbox combination of my 4 week old FRS
I've previously owned an '09 Tiguan 2.0 TSI 4Motion Sport, which is still in the family so will also provide an interesting comparison. How are you finding the Ateca? :)

#8 ·
RoyWolfey said:
dave b said:
RoyWolfey said:

That was just a straight cut and paste from Autotrader. A little too much information. What is s/s anyway? :D
S/S is stop start. I had a shot of a 190 tsi and was very impressed. Hope my 190TDI is just as good or better!

#9 ·
Twed701 said:
RoyWolfey said:
dave b said:

S/S is stop start. I had a shot of a 190 tsi and was very impressed. Hope my 190TDI is just as good or better!
Ahhh, that makes sense. Adaptive Cruise control in conjunction with DSG and start stop in my current car, and it's fabulous. With the kind of journeys I do, I'm using ACC around 90% of the time, and it's great how it will brake the car all the way to a standstill. With Start stop kicking in when stationary.

Have you not driven the 190TDI yet then? I should imagine that the extra torque over the petrol will make proceedings remarkably effortless.

#10 ·
RoyWolfey said:
PSC21 said:
I`m sure you will enjoy your Ateca , thats the engine /gearbox combination of my 4 week old FRS
I've previously owned an '09 Tiguan 2.0 TSI 4Motion Sport, which is still in the family so will also provide an interesting comparison. How are you finding the Ateca? :)
I really am very pleased with the Ateca. In Velvet Red it looks great , ride and handling are good. Having just passed 2k miles the engine is freeing up and this mornings commute , mostly at 50 mph led to an average MPG of 46.2 over 60 miles . I wish there was a power socket in the boot but otherwise am much happier with the Ateca than I was the Tiguan

#11 ·
PSC21 said:
I really am very pleased with the Ateca. In Velvet Red it looks great , ride and handling are good. Having just passed 2k miles the engine is freeing up and this mornings commute , mostly at 50 mph led to an average MPG of 46.2 over 60 miles . I wish there was a power socket in the boot but otherwise am much happier with the Ateca than I was the Tiguan
Not having a power socket in the boot does seem like an oversight on SEAT's part to me. It's something I use from time to time so would be nice to have. I like the Red. Magic Black wouldn't have been my first choice but I bought my car from stock and didn't have a choice. My commute is 55 Miles and I did have a little concern over fuel economy of the bigger car over my current one, but your findings are encouraging. Would be more than happy with anything over 45mpg. :cool:

#12 ·
Hi. Just looking at the fuel figures here. I've got 33mpg long term and have only achieved a maximum of 40 mpg on a 100 mile motorway drive!! An average of 46mpg is a dream for me!

#13 ·
RoyWolfey said:
Not having a power socket in the boot does seem like an oversight on SEAT's part to me. It's something I use from time to time so would be nice to have. I like the Red. Magic Black wouldn't have been my first choice but I bought my car from stock and didn't have a choice. My commute is 55 Miles and I did have a little concern over fuel economy of the bigger car over my current one, but your findings are encouraging. Would be more than happy with anything over 45mpg. :cool:
In Germany you can get 2 power sockets in the boot!

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Car

Attachments

#14 ·
Hi. Can you guys explain how you are working out your fuel figures please. I have an FR 2.0tsi DSG 4drive. It has 2564 miles on the clock and is currently showing a long term fuel consumption of 27.9mpg. On my last three fill ups, I have done a brim to brim manual check and each time it has worked out at 27mpg or less which is pretty poor. For anybody that thinks I may be a bit heavy on the right foot, believe me, I have not been hammering it. Thanks.

#16 ·
I do my fuel calculations re the log I keep of my mileage and use. I find the onboard fuel computer to be reasonably accurate. VAG being better than those in my Fords. The MPG I quoted above was for a trip where traffic was fairly light and any junctions I was able to roll through without stopping. In urban use the MPG is bound to be poor. Pressing on the brake to make sure start stop activates always helps.

#19 ·
RoyWolfey said:
Twed701 said:
RoyWolfey said:
Have you not driven the 190TDI yet then? I should imagine that the extra torque over the petrol will make proceedings remarkably effortless.
Nope. had a go in a 150 manual 4x4 and thought it was meh. I was comparing it to my Insignia 140 but it had a tuning box so was about 160hp.

4 more days to wait... :lol:

#20 ·
New car day and first impressions are really positive and I'm really enjoying my new car.
It all feels very familiar in terms of operation and tech having come from a Polo GTI+ One of the features that I can't seem to do without now is Adaptive Cruise control which I use around town in addition to on the motorway. Practically I'm enjoying the extra space and refinement the Ateca gives me in addition to a few other features over my previous car.
I declined the dealer paint protection in preference of a local chap I use who's been round today to detail the bodywork and apply ceramic protection.
All in all a happy bunny and I'm looking forward to putting it into use as my daily commuter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.