Seat Ateca SUV Forum banner

Lead times

87K views 215 replies 72 participants last post by  coleman keith 
#1 ·
Hi.
Without having to do a search for the current stuff.
Can anyone tell be what the lead/waiting times at the moment on the 1.4 TSI
Many Thanks.

#129 ·
Excited for all those picking up this weekend!! Very jealous (but in a nice way!) haha!! Look forward to seeing all the pics!

I still have no update on mine :oops: :cry:

Seat UK are meant to be calling me later today - but I don't think they will have been able to get me an earlier slot even tho I've basically been messed around for a month so it's like starting again! :evil:

#130 ·
The new girl is still sat at Grimsby (got to feel sorry for her on that front) - according to the dealership it should be with them at the start of next week. Probably just in time for the heat wave to stop and the crap weather to settle in for the next 4 months!

G
#131 ·
Spike72 said:
Yes, have a look at a calender even the one on your mobile, it will give a week number
Haha! I don't have that on my phone (Google or Samsung) but I've turned it on in Outlook, thanks.

Wasn't sure if it was based off 1st March, Tax year, academic year, Mayan calendar or what?! :)

#132 ·
I've just confirmed delivery of my 1.6TDI SE Technology. This is a factory order leased through National Vehicle Solutions.

Ordered: Feb 1st
Build week: 10 (March 5th)
Car arrived in UK/dealer April 12th
Registered on April 19th
Delivery arranged for April 25th .

Considering I was told to expect 12-14 weeks, its turned out to be right on 12 weeks from start to finish.

Going to be very strange going from a high performance coupe to a small diesel SUV, but change in circumstance (baby!) and a desire to cut costs made this a good choice.

#137 ·
Rinse said:
Ordered my 2.0 TSI on 21st Feb 2018, I am taking delivery on next Tuesday (24th April 2018) - it was a factory order.
Wow!! Which dealer? 8 weeks? Phenomenal!!

#138 ·
Finally got an update - build week 20 and collect 3-4 weeks later! Dealer been pretty crap but Seat UK have been brilliant! I've ended up being about 2 weeks behind schedule 🙄 But only coz I've pushed and pushed this issue!

#140 ·
Been told my Ateca is at port and a transportation order raised, so expected at the dealer hopefully next week. They need another week to go through their workshop for checks but then should be ready (which is fine as gives me time to get the plate no and sort insurance) - that'll be 10 weeks from order.

#142 ·
Mine is apparently coming to the dealership next Tuesday so not long to wait now until I finally get my car. Glad I went for Seat though and not Skoda, they are quoting deliveries beyond December now for some models.

#143 ·
3 weeks ago ordered my Ateca in elche (Spain) waiting time still 4 to 5 months. But still waiting a call from the dealer to have the order confirmed

Though the waiting time suits me well this time, as I expected to buy a cheaper version. But at the end it became a excellence plus with extras. My wife has a perfect taste for a good car.

#144 ·
Two days ago told mine might be with dealer in a week or so - another email today and it's there!! Should be on my drive in 7-10 days, having ordered on 6 March.

#145 ·
Just had a call from dealer to tell me i can collect tomorrow. Today was 10 weeks after ordering so almost bang on 10 weeks after being advised 10-12. :D

#146 ·
Got a call from the dealer today, Seat can't build with the options I've selected, something to do with new EU emissions directive. Need to know what the carbon emissions will be with the options included, nit tge standard trim specifications. Order is cancelled for now. Could be weeks or even months until it is sorted. Anyone else have similar happen to them?

#147 ·
Johng906 said:
Got a call from the dealer today, Seat can't build with the options I've selected, something to do with new EU emissions directive. Need to know what the carbon emissions will be with the options included, nit tge standard trim specifications. Order is cancelled for now. Could be weeks or even months until it is sorted. Anyone else have similar happen to them?
Sorry I'm a bit confused by your post, Do you mean SEAT have canceled your order? Or did you decide to cancel your order? It's just I have a similar car on order to yourself and I haven't heard anything about SEAT not being able to build with certain options selected.

When I made my order my dealer made me aware of the new emissions testing (WLTP) and told me that it would mean a longer wait for my car, which I had to sign paperwork for but they never mentioned not being able to build my spec because of emissions.

#149 ·
Call from dealer yesterday evening - ready to collect this coming Wednesday! 10 weeks from order to collection.

#150 ·
So you have the same collection date as me cmsdrums. I collected mine at 8.30AM this morning. Really pleased with it and love the VC. If I have any complaint its just a slight one, I think its about time Seat improved the resolution on the centre screen, its just a bit cheap looking but otherwise delighted.

#151 ·
Collected today - very pleased!

I agree on the screen resolution - in the days of HD screens on phones, tablets and other in car systems, the screen does have a very SD look to it. Still, if that's the only worry I have then I can live with it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.